Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It's official! Tesla website says HW2.0 cars "scheduling now" for MCU2 upgrade!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The website doesn't say anything about sentry mode and 3.0 though.

AP 2.5 cars with MCU1 have sentry mode so why wouldn't AP 3.0 with MCU1?
"The website" ... I pointed to two websites. Did you read them both?

The "Infotainment Upgrade" mentioned below is MCU2.

FSD=HW3=AP3.0

Here is a picture. It says FSD "paired with" MCU2.

y8ZhkKU.jpg

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I just got mine upgraded (at-least received a notification from the SC, HW2.0 to HW3 is complete). I have yet to pickup my MX. Does this look right?

Here is what it says in the invoice
upload_2020-6-2_10-5-53.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-2_10-5-7.png
    upload_2020-6-2_10-5-7.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 89
  • Tesla.JPG
    Tesla.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 54
I just got mine upgraded (at-least received a notification from the SC, HW2.0 to HW3 is complete). I have yet to pickup my MX. Does this look right?

Here is what it says in the invoice View attachment 547182
That is the autopilot hardware upgraded for free from 2->3, not the Media Computer (MCU). The MCU is is a $2,500 option that will improve the performance of the main screen with trip planning, overall interactions and provide additional display visualizations for autopilot.

Reactions: scottf200
@ahkahn confirmed in another thread that AP3/MCU1 supports dashcam and sentry mode but sentry mode viewer is not supported.

He/she just had AP3 computer installed but opted not to upgrade the MCU.

Great news, viewer is not that important but dashcam recording is great news if supported. Means paying $2500 for MCU2 is mainly for games/Netflix which my phone/tablet does a better job anyways.

Still MCU1 been a time bomb helps justify MCU2 a little.

@ahkahn confirmed in another thread that AP3/MCU1 supports dashcam and sentry mode but sentry mode viewer is not supported.

He/she just had AP3 computer installed but opted not to upgrade the MCU.

Oh wow, I was planning on getting MCU2 just for dashcam but if just upgrading the FSD computer achieves the same thing I can hold out a little longer until my MCU dies to get the upgrade.

The FSD page states that you do need the MCU upgrade, so good to know that isn't the case. Hope they don't disable it later!

The FSD Computer upgrade does enable recording from all cameras with Sentry Mode and DashCam for vehicles previously equipped with Autopilot Computer 2.0 or 2.5 and paired with the Infotainment Upgrade.

I just picked up my MX, which also says Full Self Driving Computer.
However, my Navigation does not work anymore - any idea?

Also the Cruise and AP did not function even after I drove for one hour - any thoughts?

Thanks!

no, it is not moving at all.. just stuck at the SC location! Any suggestions, please? Thanks!
What did your SC contact say? Didn't you have text contact during the appointment? Something may have not been connected correctly.

Checklist for myself and others will include driving around the block before leaving SC to make sure navigation works. ie. set it to my home but drive around block first. Model 3 HW3 brain replacement caused temporary amnesia but Tesla quickly restored settings, Autopilot improvement demonstrated with new FSD Computer | TinkerTry IT @ Home

What did your SC contact say? Didn't you have text contact during the appointment? Something may have not been connected correctly.

Checklist for myself and others will include driving around the block before leaving SC to make sure navigation works. ie. set it to my home but drive around block first. Model 3 HW3 brain replacement caused temporary amnesia but Tesla quickly restored settings, Autopilot improvement demonstrated with new FSD Computer | TinkerTry IT @ Home
SC is looking into it now. I hope they can fix it remotely.

Do you know what exactly they replaced for HW2 to HW3?