TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

It's on: Oil versus Electric

Discussion in 'News' started by US Kiwi, Dec 14, 2013.

1. US Kiwi

US Kiwi Member

#1 US Kiwi, Dec 14, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
    Huffington Post - It's on: Oil vs Electric

Check out Leilani's awesome article on Huff Po addressing the crazy media coverage give to the Tesla fires versus the complete lack of coverage given to all the ICE fires. And the fight Tesla is heading up against Big Oil, NADA and the ICE auto industry.

It's On: Oil Versus Electric | by Leilani Munter

2. Canuck

Canuck Active Member

Excellent article!

3. GenericSpoon

GenericSpoon Member

Hit the nail on the head, great read!

4. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

Agree 100%. I would like to point out these words by Leilani took from the above linked article:

The fact that the giants of the world are fighting Tesla is a great sign. Consider the famous Gandhi quote "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." First they ignored Tesla, doubting that any startup American car company could challenge the big three. Then they laughed and said there was no market for a luxury electric car. Now they are fighting because Tesla is really starting to scare them now. And they should be scared because you know what comes next: Tesla wins.
    And win they will. Because they have a superior product. Because once you drive a Tesla, all other cars seem like antiques. Because their leader is a man who not only builds rocket ships, but also seems the most likely person to lead the team that will make the human race an interplanetary species. In other words, he's a very, very smart guy. Most importantly, they will win because the move to electric cars and sustainable transportation is an essential part of the evolution of humans to live in a way that doesn't destroy the world around us.

5. Jeeps17

Jeeps17 Cath Jockey in a P85

Thank you Leilani for such an insightful article.

I forwarded the link to my expanding circle of Tesla-curious friends and acquaintances.

6. Calvin.K

Calvin.K Member

Great article, This is the reason I invested in Tesla in Aug 2012 at $28.20 a share when they were producing cars at 5 cars a week, before they announced the supercharger network, and before they were profitable. Cant want to buy a Tesla when I sell my shares!

7. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

Great article, Leilani!

8. AlMc

AlMc 'Senior Moments' member

I love this women! If I were 15 years younger and single :wink:

In all seriousness. She continues to be a force for TM and EVs. Great article. My favorite Leilani piece though is still the live stream I watched from the Teslive event where she did the
    'It's not me, it's you' part of her speech when she was 'breaking up' with Oil.

9. Larry

Larry Member

#9 Larry, Dec 14, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
    Perfect article. EM needs to publicly endorse/sponsor Leilani as the official PR front woman for Tesla. Just could not be a better person to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

On another sad related note-a jeep was rear ended at 40 mph yesterday and exploded killing the driver. Happened about 5 miles from where I work. It was on the news shows as the ******* who rear ended him was drunk at 10am. Mods feel free to put this somewhere else if not appropriate

10. leilanimunter

leilanimunter Member

11. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Damsey's post on the TeslaMotors forum was laughably naive. Leilani, I think you have a much better understanding of the realities facing big oil and big Detroit as a result of Tesla's disruptive innovation.

It's one of the reasons I spend no time on the TelsaMotors forum. It's far less interesting. In fact, it's a bore.

12. ggies07

ggies07 Active Member

awesome article! What a punch. Thanks for sharing and now I have shared the link on Facebook.

13. sp4rk

sp4rk Banned

And she weren't marred! I mean married! Freudian slip? :)

14. US Kiwi

US Kiwi Member

AIMc, I have it on good authority that she is indeed married to a strapping young lad and so I am afraid is not on the market .....:wink::biggrin:

15. NoMoreGas

NoMoreGas Member

Loved it!!!!

16. AlMc

AlMc 'Senior Moments' member

Dang!!! Guess I will have to shred the divorce papers I was just finishing up on 'Legal Papers.com'....Not sure if my wife will be happy or sad about the news...:biggrin:

Serious part: I agree with Artsci: I do venture over to the TM forum upon occasion but find myself doing it with less and less frequency. Occasionally they break a story or have some good info but this site has better threads, info, solid citizens and moderation. I can put away the tin foil hat and my troll hunter outfit (most of the time) on this forum.

17. Premium

Premium Member

Excellent article! I loved how you used the Ghandi quote.

18. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

The same.

19. Benz

Benz Active Member

F A N T A S T I C article. And so true. I loved it.

20. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

It's an ironic twist that Huff Post buried this article in its "Green" section--an example of the very sort of media bias that Lelani discusses. Great article, Lelani!