TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Its starting now. Which Model 3's will have the new hardware 2.5?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Garlan Garner, Aug 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Well-Known Member

Its starting now. The same thing Model S and Model X potential owners have been going through forever is now happening with Model 3 potential owners.

Tesla has started installing hardware 2.5. Will new Model 3's after "today" have hardware 2.5? OR will Tesla only start installing 2.5 hardware "next month".

When the time comes......I might have to delay my order....for the latest hardware. Hmmm..... How will I know what's on the horizon.

I suppose we model 3 reservationists will have to find out who provided model s and x owners with their therapy sessions - after barely missing out on key upgrades. ( ventilated seats / air suspension )

Tesla has a new Autopilot ‘2.5’ hardware suite with more computing power for autonomous driving

OR I wonder if the July 28th employee model 3's already have 2.5 hardware. Is that what that interior facing camera is a part of?

So many questions.

2. BigD0g

BigD0g Member

All of them have 2.5, the entire 2.5 hardware started with m3.

• Like x 4
  3. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Well, considering the rollout of AP "2.5" supposedly coincided with the Model 3 handover event, I think it's safe to say all production Model 3s have this hardware. Also, non-employees won't be getting their cars until late October, so there's that additional buffer. So, yeah, we're safe.

• Like x 2
  4. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Member

I read the article and it sounds like everything being produced today is 2.5...

"The spokesperson also said that all Model S, Model X, and Model 3 vehicles being ordered today come with the new hardware."

Additionally, Tesla said
    “However, we still expect to achieve full self-driving capability with safety more than twice as good as the average human driver without making any hardware changes to HW 2.0. If this does not turn out to be the case, which we think is highly unlikely, we will upgrade customers to the 2.5 computer at no cost.”

5. N5329K

N5329K Member

Yes, but what about 2.5.1? Or, my god, 3.0, when everything changes?
    Robin

• Funny x 1
  6. ModelNforNerd

ModelNforNerd Active Member

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

"We already knew that Tesla updated its Autopilot hardware suite for the Model 3 when we realized that the vehicle is equipped with a driver-facing camera – something not currently available in Model S or X.

But now several sources told Electrek that it is not the only change that coincided with the start of Model 3 production. We are told that a new onboard computer updated to include a secondary GPU for more computing power was also added. The new Autopilot hardware suite is internally called “HW 2.5". "

Let's put on our deduction caps.....and maybe think this out a little bit..............

• Like x 2
  7. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

So, what does 'start of production' mean? All cars (S/X/3) manufactured after July 28? Model 3 production 'started' July 1... :D

8. Max*

Max* Not Banned

Look, by the time us peons get our cars, they'll be on AP4.8 Hardware

• Funny x 1