TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

It's Time to Build Your Model S

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ggr, Mar 21, 2012.

1. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

We just got the email from TM: It's time to build your model S. (We're Sig #32.) It has a link taking us to the design studio, but it's the same one that's been there for a few weeks, with interior trim missing and stuff like that. But it asks us to set a time to talk to them to configure it. "We would like to set aside a time that is convenient for you to configure your Model S. In the next few days we will call you to schedule an appointment. If you have a time that works best for you, just let us know via email and we'll contact you accordingly." Of course this happens when I'm about to fly to Australia...

2. KBF

KBF Model S 2017

Congrats! Make sure you take copious notes to share with us. If you can - I know over the phone Tesla has occasionally asked me to not share something, and we need to respect that.

3. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

Fantastic! That tells me that the design studio is going to be up any day now and they are right on track for their delivery schedule.

4. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Gratz, ggr. And thank you for sharing!

5. Jrhodesmd

Jrhodesmd S Sig #371, X Prod #1143

Awesome!! Hope they give you a functioning design studio before you have to choose. I'm undecided on what will look better with white interior - lacewood, carbon fiber, or banana leaf, and personally would need to see pix. Let us know how it goes!

6. mklcolvin

mklcolvin #P-5058

Best news I've heard all day!

7. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Any relation?

driver-fun-hawaii-mclovin-movie-Favim.com-203552.jpg

8. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Wow. 3 years of waiting and it's time to order! So excited.

9. Rifleman

Rifleman Now owns 2 Model S's!!!

I'm excited for you and Jealous at the same time! I cant wait to hear about the process, and to see pictures of your new Model S in a few months.

10. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

Don't be jealous. The Sig reservation holders paid the signature penalty to be in that position they enjoy now.

11. mklcolvin

mklcolvin #P-5058

LOL! Not as far as I know!

12. ibcs

ibcs Member

Now the real excitement begins. I'm right behind you as #121. Can't wait to hear from Tesla. Please keep us posted on how everything is handled from this point forward. It will help all of us.

13. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

Woohoo, only about 8,650 or so, until I get my email!!!

14. dsm363

Shouldn't the TMC board have to approve any changes is Raptor related avatars? We don't want to anger the Raptors.

I'm looking forward to finally ordering as well. It's been a long wait

15. Beavis

Beavis Signature 991

Reading this thread makes me wonder. I got an email from one of the guys at the local store saying that the design studio would be up in the store on Monday. He asked if I would like to set up an "appointment" to come in. It didn't occur to me that he might be intending that I commit to a configuration. I interpreted it as, "Hey, come in and play with the design studio." But he never said that in the email and this has me wondering.

Nah, can't be. I'm going in on Tuesday night after work to play with the design studio. Calm down, keep it steady. Relax. I can't, I'm so excited!

16. Beavis

Beavis Signature 991

Ya, what's up with the F-18?

17. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

18. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Congrats! This is exciting for multiple reasons. Thanks for sharing this great news.

19. dsm363

20. onlinespending

While exciting, this news is almost causing me some trepidation. Perhaps partly out of some odd psychological effect of having waited so long, I am sort of comfortable in that state of anticipation that I don't think I can handle the real thing! haha.

But more so because I feel like it's almost too soon. There's still so much to see and news to hear from Tesla. I honestly wouldn't feel comfortable having to lock in my options right now considering how little I've actually seen. We haven't seen all of the colors, nor all the interior options. There haven't even been pictures of all of these options, let alone the ability for me to see them in the flesh. We don't know the full extent of the warranty. And then there's the whole issue of test drives :) I for one would like to see how it drives, and compare the standard car to the performance edition, as I may end up upgrading. I am not in a position to make that call without having driven both. As excited as I am for the Sig folks, I actually don't envy their position. I'd much rather wait a few months and make a more informed purchase.