TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

"it's vomit-inducing!"

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Sprell, Oct 20, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Sprell

Sprell New Member

Last month, for his 78th birthday, I took my dad to the Tesla Motors in Tyson's Corner (Tyco Road), Virginia for a test drive of the Model S (P85D with Ludicrous Mode). We spent a good, long time inside the store -- maybe 90 minutes? -- learning about the technology, the fuel savings, etc. A lot of the presentation occurred inside one of the Model S'. Finally, it was decision time. Dad decided to sit in the passenger seat while I did the test drive.

Took it out for a spin, making sure Ludicrous Mode was selected. Then, with the Sale Advisor's blessing, came the time to punch it.

WOOSH!

This being my first test drive, I didn't launch it all the way to 60, but we got up to 55. Did that two or three times.

A few minutes later, Dad said, "You better pull over. I'm gonna woof." I pulled over, and he tossed cookies. Fortunately, he was able to lean out the door sill to barf outside. Then, regarding Ludicrous Mode, he gave his three-word review: "IT'S VOMIT-INDUCING!!!"

He now wants a Model S. But without the L.

2. doctorwho

doctorwho Member

Remind him to fast for 12 hours before he drives it:biggrin:

3. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

A few years ago we had a thread here that categorized people according to how they reacted to Roadster test drives. "Barfer" was my least-favorite category.

But even barfers love the cars!

4. P85DEE

P85DEE Active Member

A P85D with Ludicrous???

5. evp

evp Nerd

Also, don't do demo launches for anyone who's recently had back surgery. Awkward.

6. Sprell

Sprell New Member

Should have said P90D. My bad.

- - - Updated - - -

I took a photo of Dad pointing to the Ludicrous button before we launched. I also gave him a head's up, telling him to put his head back against the head rest. He claims he felt his innards pressed back against his spine!

7. DoctorJJ

DoctorJJ Member

They are out there. KC has one.

8. chriSharek

chriSharek Member

Awesome story!

9. muleferg

muleferg Member

It need's to be named "Barf"

10. tstafford

tstafford Member

WHAT?? Who has it and how and when and may other questions. I guess I missed this during the barrage of AP postings lately.

11. DoctorJJ

DoctorJJ Member

KC service center has one.

12. tstafford

tstafford Member

So the KC SC has a P85D Ludicrous - that's very interesting. Is there a thread that I missed on this? Has anyone driven it? Do we have any numbers coming from it, etc.?

13. P85DEE

P85DEE Active Member

I've heard that there is at least one other at another west coast service center.

The reason why I asked for clarification, was I was trying to determine if there were in fact three such cars.

No threads, and no numbers. I only heard about the one because I was on another forum and someone mentioned that they had test driven it.