Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"it's vomit-inducing!"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last month, for his 78th birthday, I took my dad to the Tesla Motors in Tyson's Corner (Tyco Road), Virginia for a test drive of the Model S (P85D with Ludicrous Mode). We spent a good, long time inside the store -- maybe 90 minutes? -- learning about the technology, the fuel savings, etc. A lot of the presentation occurred inside one of the Model S'. Finally, it was decision time. Dad decided to sit in the passenger seat while I did the test drive.

Took it out for a spin, making sure Ludicrous Mode was selected. Then, with the Sale Advisor's blessing, came the time to punch it.

WOOSH!

This being my first test drive, I didn't launch it all the way to 60, but we got up to 55. Did that two or three times.

A few minutes later, Dad said, "You better pull over. I'm gonna woof." I pulled over, and he tossed cookies. Fortunately, he was able to lean out the door sill to barf outside. Then, regarding Ludicrous Mode, he gave his three-word review: "IT'S VOMIT-INDUCING!!!"

He now wants a Model S. But without the L.

Last month, for his 78th birthday, I took my dad to the Tesla Motors in Tyson's Corner (Tyco Road), Virginia for a test drive of the Model S (P85D with Ludicrous Mode). We spent a good, long time inside the store -- maybe 90 minutes? -- learning about the technology, the fuel savings, etc. A lot of the presentation occurred inside one of the Model S'. Finally, it was decision time. Dad decided to sit in the passenger seat while I did the test drive.

Took it out for a spin, making sure Ludicrous Mode was selected. Then, with the Sale Advisor's blessing, came the time to punch it.

WOOSH!

This being my first test drive, I didn't launch it all the way to 60, but we got up to 55. Did that two or three times.

A few minutes later, Dad said, "You better pull over. I'm gonna woof." I pulled over, and he tossed cookies. Fortunately, he was able to lean out the door sill to barf outside. Then, regarding Ludicrous Mode, he gave his three-word review: "IT'S VOMIT-INDUCING!!!"

A P85D with Ludicrous???

Should have said P90D. My bad.

- - - Updated - - -

I took a photo of Dad pointing to the Ludicrous button before we launched. I also gave him a head's up, telling him to put his head back against the head rest. He claims he felt his innards pressed back against his spine!

WOOSH!

Awesome story!

KC service center has one.

I've heard that there is at least one other at another west coast service center.

The reason why I asked for clarification, was I was trying to determine if there were in fact three such cars.

So the KC SC has a P85D Ludicrous - that's very interesting. Is there a thread that I missed on this? Has anyone driven it? Do we have any numbers coming from it, etc.?

No threads, and no numbers. I only heard about the one because I was on another forum and someone mentioned that they had test driven it.