Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

it's worse to pay 4300 $ for full self driving ? for MX 90D 2017

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even with the next major update, who knows if it'll be available. Smart Summon wasn't supposed to be available to EAP, but it is. Dashcam was, but it isn't. I don't know that you're wrong, or that I'm right. I just know as of today, FSD is offered still as an upgrade path for AP2.0 users. EAP is not. Next month...who knows. This is Tesla...
I agree there has been alot of inconsistent messaging on the subject and no detail. I am glad they are giving current AP2.0 folks the option to upgrade to FSD. At one point in the past rumor was no path beyond a certain point would be allowed the upgrade path. Without the option, they would rendor part of their AP2.0 builds useless if not, as far as AP FSD goes. Thanks for the clarification on EAP vs. AP vs. FSD current functions. Again, there is no clear information on this. One more question for you, with your EAP build, do you have NOA with all current NOA functionality?

I agree there has been alot of inconsistent messaging on the subject and no detail. I am glad they are giving current AP2.0 folks the option to upgrade to FSD. At one point in the past rumor was no path beyond a certain point would be allowed the upgrade path. Without the option, they would rendor part of their AP2.0 builds useless if not, as far as AP FSD goes. Thanks for the clarification on EAP vs. AP vs. FSD current functions. Again, there is no clear information on this. One more question for you, with your EAP build, do you have NOA with all current NOA functionality?

Yes. The EAP car automatically routes me home or to work with the latest update. I have auto steer as well as NoA. It has the ability to self initiate lane changes (or I can set to confirm), it will do it based on route or speed, it’ll slow me down if cars in adjacent lanes are slower, it will navigate me through highway interchanges and off the ramp. Once off the ramp, it switches into regular autopilot mode to drive local streets and is no longer navigation based.

My EAP car also has red light detection, which wasn’t a widely published update and scared the crap out of me the first time it happened - because it read it incorrectly.

The non-AP car doesn’t have any of these features. Only a screen with the option to purchase AP or FSD.

Yes. The EAP car automatically routes me home or to work with the latest update. I have auto steer as well as NoA. It has the ability to self initiate lane changes (or I can set to confirm), it will do it based on route or speed, it’ll slow me down if cars in adjacent lanes are slower, it will navigate me through highway interchanges and off the ramp. Once off the ramp, it switches into regular autopilot mode to drive local streets and is no longer navigation based.

My EAP car also has red light detection, which wasn’t a widely published update and scared the crap out of me the first time it happened - because it read it incorrectly.

The non-AP car doesn’t have any of these features. Only a screen with the option to purchase AP or FSD.

Thank you for the information. We can officially confirm there is no separation of functions between EAP and FSD at this point. It would be nice if they had some spec sheet the documents the functions available for each variant; AP 1.0, 2.0 w/1.0 equivalencies, 2.0 EAP, 2.0 FSD, 2.5/3.0 AP, 2.5/3.0 FSD.