Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I've crossed over....CPO question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, personally that would still be too high for me to consider. But congrats to you!

I have a ~$20-23K trade-in, which will only diminish between now and the availability of a Model 3 Performance. So, as weird as it sounds, I'm "selling high" on my Audi, AND indulging my instant gratification.

I had thought about just being a one-car house for a while, but a 3 PxxD won't be out until almost next fall, so that wasn't going to work.

So I figured I would get something that will hold its value and allow me to save a ton on sales tax next year by using it as my trade-in.

If they have issues, they will be addressed. My first CPO had it's DU replaced during the process, but they don't automatically do that or anything, only if it's showing symptoms. I wasn't able to get any info on the reconditioning of my 2nd car, which then had a power steering failure a week after delivery much to my chagrin.

Tesla is very spotty on giving you the maintenance history of the cars. Sometimes a kind service advisor will read it off for you, but many times it's hard to get info.

Thanks. We have 2 SC's in my area. They only do deliveries (CPO and New) out of one of them. The other is closer to my house and until they open a newer one (rumored but still no sign of it yet), I'll be going there.

I've already decided to pay for the 4G/LTE upgrade, since 3G would just make me upset on a long trip.....but I can't schedule that until I at least have a delivery date.

Apparently they won't just let me add it to the MVPA and pick it up w/the upgrade already in it..... o_O

I understand why, but it's a slight annoyance that this is my intro to "the Tesla experience".

I've already decided to pay for the 4G/LTE upgrade

Have you verified the car doesn't have it already? We bought one that had a center console installed already, which was nice since I was planning on paying extra to get that done. Didn't find out the car had the console until we got photos of it, it wasn't listed.

Also, they probably won't let you add it now because there is a slight possibility the car you put a deposit on won't actually be able to be sold to you. The first car I put a deposit on was out as a loaner at the time. When they retrieved it, they found a large dent in the rear quarter panel. They called me and I got the option to get my deposit back or pick a different car. A few other folks have had this happen as well, so it does occur.

Have you verified the car doesn't have it already? We bought one that had a center console installed already, which was nice since I was planning on paying extra to get that done. Didn't find out the car had the console until we got photos of it, it wasn't listed.

Also, they probably won't let you add it now because there is a slight possibility the car you put a deposit on won't actually be able to be sold to you. The first car I put a deposit on was out as a loaner at the time. When they retrieved it, they found a large dent in the rear quarter panel. They called me and I got the option to get my deposit back or pick a different car. A few other folks have had this happen as well, so it does occur.

The CPO advisor I'm working with confirmed. I'll have to see it for myself to make sure.

I also asked about the console....there is none.

We bought two CPO Model S...both took 7 weeks for delivery. Both were reconditioned to nearly perfect condition inside and out. Both have 3G and it's rarely/never not been fast enough. Still thinking about upgrading to LTE in mine just to see if there is a noticeable difference.

No offense intended, but did you take a look at a new 75? Not sure if yours is much of a unicorn at that price. The 75 is just as fast, has the tech you want and addresses your concerns over past repairs, DU failure, etc. New innventory still left in the mid to upper $60s after incentives.

"after incentives".

I can do the $63,000 price+fees and taxes in cash. Anything higher would have required a loan, even if just a small (~$10000) one.

I'm holding onto that card for the Model 3 Performance. I may very well need to finance a small amount for that.

In my wild and reckless Navy days, I would have taken the loan out in a second, but the era of 500-ish credit scores has passed.