Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I've Lost my Effing Key!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a little sad that this is my first thread I've opened. But for the life of me I cannot find my bloody key! I have torn this car upside down, it's somewhere on board but I cannot find it.

I've had to leave it basically active on three occasions where somebody could've just walked in and driven off with it!

Are there Any really really strange places that keys have lodged?

Signed

Now Hairless

• Funny
Reactions: Adm
Mine fell out of my pants and lodged in the little well that is created by the carpet pieces around the post that supports the second row seats in my Model X. Since then, I've tried to put the key in the little pocket in the door near the window. And for good measure, i have added a "Tile," that I can make beep with my phone. (Tiles are great ideas for LOTS of things once you're tired of searching for stuff.) Good luck.

I think Dborns' suggestion that is it against the track that supports the driver's seat is the strongest, but that seems so obvious. Move the seat forward and use a bright light is key, though, no pun intended.

Great help guys! Got home late after a long day so pathetically announced to my wife my predicament. She's always up for a victory over me. Took her 10 mins but she found it in a place I had looked repeatedly..... under the lower armrest/centre console thingimajig.

Told her that's another reason why I married someone 10yrs younger.

Reactions: ModelX
My key never leaves my pocket. Why would you put it in the car somewhere?
There must be a good reason for doing so at times, but I've never had to resort to it.

I'm often in and out of the car loading and unloading luggage for customers. It's happened more than once to me when leaning up against the rear bar reaching into the cargo area for a bag up against the rear seat, "BEEP"! Goes the descending door warning.

I have about half a second where I lose my whole professional demeanour dashing around to the side of the X where the Falcon Wing door is about to do the most damage. (Yes they do give you a fair hit in the head before coming to a stop)

Last edited:
I've had to leave it basically active on three occasions where somebody could've just walked in and driven off with it!

Dear Hairless.

Hopefully by now you have found your key. You can of course lock the car via your phone app even if the key is in the car thus stopping someone simply driving off with the car.

If the key is still in the car, has the battery died yet? There are quite a few posts about batteries being exhausted by being left too close to the car.