TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

I've never really used the energy consumption graph

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by timk225, Sep 26, 2019.

1. timk225

timk225 Active Member

I've switched the screen to the energy consumption graph a few times, for maybe a few minutes each, but it didn't look all that interesting to me, and I'm not sure what it is supposed to show me. Maybe a big spike or dip in power usage as you go up or down a big hill? I don't need a graph to figure that out. What cool features am I missing out on?

2. St☰v☰

St☰v☰ Member

I only use the 30 mile values. What I'd like is meter that shows when you're wasting electricity and when you're conserving. Are you using more at 65 vs 70 or 75? I've used my tacc at all 3 speeds and while it seems counter intuitive, I found I do better at 75 vs 70 on my 30 mile drive to work.

3. jmaddr

jmaddr Member

The energy app is great. Switch it to instant if you want to see what your consumption is at any one time (indicates by the numbers in the balloons). There is a line for average consumption and a line for the reference consumption which the range is based on (it’s like 250 for my P). If your line is above the reference, you will not get the stated EPA range out of what’s left in your better. If it’s above, you will get more.

When you set a destination, there is a new tab that shows your current and expected arrival charge and how you are doing against the reference.

• Informative x 1
  4. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

That is the only place where a close to real estimate of range is.
    It is also great to help understand the difference between 55 and 65 and usage is.
    If you have a mountain to go over, it's awesome to see how many miles it takes to go up and how many you get back going down