Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I've recalled reading about the best way to select SuperCharger i.e. 1A, should I go to 2B

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way to post the definitive method for not selecting a SuperCharger where power sharing occurs, and you become the secondary user, and post it as a sticky so it appears at top of forum? At least as a sticky, it can be one of the first things read. Stall 1A occupied, avoid stall 1B or 2A etc

Thx

You might be recalling some arcane table of, "if this, then that, else the other thing". But it was all hokum. As Derek says, there is nothing involved except one cabinet runs two stalls (on the normal-non-Urban Superchargers), so, if an 'A' or 'B' is taken, don't use the other 'B' or 'A',

I always wonder if that old table thing came from someone at Tesla pulling our collective leg... :D

Yes, it's as @Derek Kessler mentioned, where each number is a stack of the charging hardware.
Just keep in mind that the layout of the stations can be a little different, where the shared ones aren't always next to each other. I was at a four stall location, and someone pulled up and intentionally backed in two spots away, because he did know about pairing and was trying to avoid it. But I pointed out that they were laid out as 1A 2A 1B 2B. So by not being next to me, he was accidentally on the paired one, so he moved and reparked.

Yes, it's as @Derek Kessler mentioned, where each number is a stack of the charging hardware.
Just keep in mind that the layout of the stations can be a little different, where the shared ones aren't always next to each other. I was at a four stall location, and someone pulled up and intentionally backed in two spots away, because he did know about pairing and was trying to avoid it. But I pointed out that they were laid out as 1A 2A 1B 2B. So by not being next to me, he was accidentally on the paired one, so he moved and reparked.
Yep, never understood why they laid out the conduits that way some places. Especially when you can't see the labels because most times they are at the bottom area of the pedestal behind any cars that are there!

It is as Derek says: stay off the same numbered post as anyone else charging. Be aware that older locations are 1,2,3,1,2,3; newer locations are 1,1,2,2,3,3. Forget everything you know about A/B.

Maumee, OH will be interesting: an older station, it is currently 1,2,3,1,2,3. However, they are adding two new posts at the end so unless they rewire and renumber every stanchion, the layout could be 1,2,3,1,2,3,4,4.