TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

I've Saved a Design (not saved?)

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by clmason, Sep 12, 2013.

1. clmason

clmason Member

Sep 29, 2011
    San Diego
    Hi All,

I need some help from the pro's. Is this user error or does saving and sharing a spec'd Model S in the design studio not really do anything?

I attempted to save a design and clicked email. The email shows a pic of the car which shows Paint Color and Wheel style but nothing else. No list of options is shown, no pricing, etc.

When i click on the link provided in the email I am not shown the saved config, i see the regular design studio page...

Am i doing it wrong or is the site not really saving any the design?
  2. liuping

liuping Active Member

Jul 23, 2013
    San Diego
    Yeah, it's lame, but it's the way the site works. I thought at least once I created a "My Tesla" account it would save my design under that account name, but it does not.
  3. alohates1a

alohates1a Member

Sep 3, 2013
    SF East Bay Area, CA
    A Tesla rep responded with call to me regarding a question on Tesla financing/buy back program and while on the phone inquired about saving a design on the studio page. He told me:

-spec it out your design
    -proceed to hit the "order" button
    -select "pay later" for the deposit
    - hit the "place order" button

The design will save but since you are not commited to a deposit as you selected the "pay later" option.

I followed his directions and now each time I go to the site and log back in, my design stilll there and I am able to mod as desired.