TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

I've Saved a Design (not saved?)

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by clmason, Sep 12, 2013.

1. clmason

clmason Member

Hi All,

I need some help from the pro's. Is this user error or does saving and sharing a spec'd Model S in the design studio not really do anything?

I attempted to save a design and clicked email. The email shows a pic of the car which shows Paint Color and Wheel style but nothing else. No list of options is shown, no pricing, etc.

When i click on the link provided in the email I am not shown the saved config, i see the regular design studio page...

Am i doing it wrong or is the site not really saving any the design?

2. liuping

liuping Active Member

Yeah, it's lame, but it's the way the site works. I thought at least once I created a "My Tesla" account it would save my design under that account name, but it does not.

3. alohates1a

alohates1a Member

A Tesla rep responded with call to me regarding a question on Tesla financing/buy back program and while on the phone inquired about saving a design on the studio page. He told me:

-spec it out your design
    -proceed to hit the "order" button
    -select "pay later" for the deposit
    - hit the "place order" button

The design will save but since you are not commited to a deposit as you selected the "pay later" option.

I followed his directions and now each time I go to the site and log back in, my design stilll there and I am able to mod as desired.