Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I've seen complaints about the Model Y uncomfortable position headrests

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look at post #12 on this thread. There is an embedded youtube video that shows you the whole process.
Great! Hopefully 2021 Y same as 2018 3. I tried to look for that metal release clip on a 2021 Y, but could not see it. Perhaps I was not pulling down far enough.
I will have to check again on next test drive. Can anyone with 2021 Y confirm they can access that metal release clip as shown in the video for the 2018 3 ?

Thanks!

Great! Hopefully 2021 Y same as 2018 3. I tried to look for that metal release clip on a 2021 Y, but could not see it. Perhaps I was not pulling down far enough.
I will have to check again on next test drive. Can anyone with 2021 Y confirm they can access that metal release clip as shown in the video for the 2018 3 ?

Thanks!
Did you ever see if the headrest was removable like it is in the Model 3 video? My wife did mention the headrest angle when we test drove the car. I think she'll eventually find a good position or just get used to it, but I'm also open to a little modification to make her more comfortable.

My wife doesn’t have any issues with seats, she’s 5’1” and doesn’t even reach the headrest. As for me, these #?#$!! seats have turned out to be horrible. I’m 6’5” and now seeing a physical therapist due to neck and shoulder strain from the position these seats force me into. Tried the neck pillow thing but I can’t get it to line up correctly. Think I’ll try reversing the headrest.

Thanks for all the suggestions, but I don't want to modify the existing headrest, would like to know if anyone has purchased the add on pillow types and if so what brand worked best for you. I did purchase some on Amazon, but they keep coming undone on the back part - other than that they are pretty good.