Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

J1772 adapter charge port latch logic inverted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just bought a 2015 Model S. When we use the J1772 adapter, the charge port latch is locked only when the car is NOT charging. For example, if I put in the adapter first, it immediately latches. Then when I put in the J1772 outlet, the car unlatches the port. Then it gives a warning about how the latch is not engaged, with a message about how I should try to insert the charging cable better, which is nonsense because it was latched a moment before. If I put the adapter on the outlet first, it goes through the same latching and unlatching sequence, just faster. While it is charging, I can pull the whole unit out. But if I push the release lever on the J1772 outlet, it stops charging and engages the latch so I can't remove the adapter. This happens both on a Juicebox EVSE and at a ChargePoint station.

I would like it to latch when it is charging and unlatch when it is not charging, instead of the reverse. Any ideas? Thanks!