Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

J1772 adapter not working anymore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My J1772 adapter used to work a couple of months ago at a ChargePoint charger. But not anymore. Model S tries to charge, but aborts and unlocks the port.
I have software version 42.2.
Could this be a software bug?
Has anyone seen this problem?

I'm not up at 42.2 yet so I can't comment on the software part.

But I do use lots of charge point chargers and I have had that problem a few times since I can only charge in public and it's been due to a broken charge point charger. Was this at more than one charge point charger?

Thanks for your feedback. Looks like it was the charger. I tried 2 stalls which did not work. Today I went to another location which did work for me.
Then I went back to the location that failed before. It now works there too.

I used the J1772 adapter every day for about 6 to 7 months after which it intermittently would not communicate with the car or charger, I'm not sure which but the car would just say "charge port open". Another month later it would not work at all. Tesla said they could not duplicate the problem so I had to buy my own replacement adapter. It worked fine for another 6-7 months and now it's starting again. Has anyone else had this problem?