Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

J1772 Adapter Part Number Confirmation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting ready to purchase this adapter however before doing so I checked Ebay to see if any were available at a lower cost. Since there are I decided I would go that route. Before doing so I wanted to obtain confirmation on the part number. The listing has it as 1067348-00-B with 1067348-00-A being an alternative. I think someone mentioned there were two versions of this adapter with one having a locking ring and the other does not. Is this correct? If so which part number aligns with which version?

I'm under the impression that none have a "lock ring". Lock rings are 3d printed, and some stores sell them. I have one that a friend 3d printed for me. It works on my adapter (delivered with the car, 2020 model) but doesn't work on someone else's adapter on a facebook group I participate in. The Tesla Shop web site lists two models currently, a J1772 with no extra hump in the middle that's out of stock, and an SAE J1772 one that's in stock with the extra hump. It's that hump that prevents the 3d printed lock ring to work. At lunch I can check what version I have in my car.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
Well it seems I have the B version, and it does not have the middle bulge...

PXL_20210827_160257803.jpg

Sorry for the late reply but this may help:

There are locks made for either type of J1772 connector. Since I have both adapters I bought both types of locking ring.

Reactions: Sunny5280
Sorry for the late reply but this may help:

There are locks made for either type of J1772 connector. Since I have both adapters I bought both types of locking ring.
Thank you for this refresher. Your post was the one I had in mind. The one I ordered has the lip and has the "B" part number which, from the pics in the link of your original post, shows it to be the locking version.

Yes, it appears so. I'd go with the main part number (the numbers) and ignore the letter suffixes. It's probably meant to signify an update / improvement of the part. It only really matters if you decide that you want to have a locked handle when charging. One where you cannot detach the J1772 handle simply by pressing the latch and separating from the Tesla J1772 adapter. If so, then you need to buy the correct version that will work with whatever J1772 adapter you buy. Both designs can lock. The seller should know which design they sell if they have done their homework.

Last edited:
Here are the two versions of locking rings for the J1772 adapter:

eBay listing for the adapter I actually bought; version that has the bump / ridge / lip:

One I randomly found for sale for the non-lip version; does NOT say anywhere in the listing which J1772 adapter it is for but there are pictures that show it:

The main physical difference between the two designs is the non-lip locking collar is much thinner than the version for the J1772 adapter that does have the bump / ridge / lip. By that I mean the amount of material that goes around and covers the barrel of the J1772 adapter. Also, the material used to make the lock for the adapter that has a lip is much harder than the lock for the non-lip adapter (PLA vs. ABS, I believe; I'm not a 3D printing expert). Does that justify the almost 3X in cost between the two? I'm not sure but I am happy with the ones I bought.