Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

J1772 adapter stuck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to a J1772 charger in Hollywood, CA last night. Plugged into a J1772 Level 2 charger using my adapter. When I went to unplug, the adapter refused to separate from the cable. No amount of force (even two people trying to pull the adapter apart from the charger cable) would remove the two pieces.

I've been doing this for over two years now at different chargers and have never had an issue until last night.

Any idea how this could have occurred? I guess I need to get a new adapter now, but those are EXPENSIVE at $95 a pop. Sigh.

How it happened? Maybe the plastic housing melted. I had used the J1772 adapter for just over a year when I used to charge the car at work. Never had a problem with the adapter releasing from the ChargePoint handle. I had found two J1772 adapters on eBay for about $50 each. Don't know what they are running at now.

• Helpful
Reactions: Gauss Guzzler
mine recently got stuck, the first time using it. I had to wiggle it hard up and down... to get it out. I used one of those silicon grippers (to open bottle tops) to help with gripping. this wasn't related to cold, just my first-time using it. I have the Lectron J1772. I just order the original tesla one. Not going to try the Lectron adapter again.