Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

J1772 Charging Lock - Prevent unauthorizzed disconnection at public charging stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just want to join in the chorus of applause for Babylonfive's business ethics. He was certainly under no obligation to give refunds on this product since the flaw was unrelated to the product. Yet, he did voluntarily without anyone asking. I, for one, am looking forward to a future Tesla firmware update to fix this issue and hope to see B5 back in business soon.

Yes. It's actually fixed now - if you ever got 'stuck' you can do the following to unlock your charge port:

- go to charging screen, press 'stop charging'
- go to controls screen, press 'charge port'

...the port will unlock, irrespective.

In v5.6, there will be a second button that appears after 'stop charging', labeled 'charge port', all on the charging screen.

Obviously the best choice is to use the charging handle 'disconnect button', as these instructions are if the CapturePro is too tight.

David

p.s. review the new instructions shown on the Power12 website for more details

Last edited:
I am awaiting final verification from Tesla and it's going VERY slow. I get one answer per week... not their fault, but its really slowing down my final completed manual and instructions for unlocking.
The great news is, that between the charging and Controls screen, you can unlock the port now in all cases - I just want the instructions to be clear and correct.

David

Power12 announces that the CapturePro J1772 lock system is now back on-sale and available!

Anyone interested in the CapturePro device can now buy one at www.power12.com.

Updates have been made to Tesla software and the CapturePro instructions to assure smooth operation in all charging circumstances. In addition, the Power12 web site has added a CapturePro User Guide and more clear instructions.

Previous customers are now advised to revisit the Power12 website and get a copy of the detailed instructions before using the CapturePro product.

Thanks to everyone who persevered with us. We are back!

David

Capture.JPG

Reactions: glusc2002
Interested in this, but to be really clear (at least for me) are the updates you refer to that make the CapturePro useable again v5+?

What about existing users on firmwares in the 4.x range? I thought there were issues with the current firmware (4.5)? Since you announced the recall on post #72 on June 26, 2013, was there some sort of change in v 4.x software? I hadn't read about any new OTA updates.

Just curious since I'd really like to order one for my Aug 8th delivered v 4.5 MS!

Congrats on being back in the saddle!