Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

J1772 Charging Lock - Prevent unauthorizzed disconnection at public charging stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. It's actually fixed in v4.5 - just a bit more complicated.

Ideally, installing CapturePro so the slot isn't fitted too tight will allow the charging handle 'disconnect button' to unlock the car -- that's the best and easiest way.
If you ever applied it too tight, then you can do the following before V5.6:

- go to charging screen, press 'stop charging'
- go to controls screen, press 'charge port' ...the port will unlock, irrespective of any other status.

In v5.6, there will be a second button that appears after 'stop charging', labeled 'charge port', all on the charging screen. You would just push that button in place of the Controls screen button.

All this is in the instructions shown on the website and the PDF.

David

p.s. Not sure why the ipad doesn't see the PDF correctly. Just download it directly instead.

Interested in this, but to be really clear (at least for me) are the updates you refer to that make the CapturePro useable again v5+?

What about existing users on firmwares in the 4.x range? I thought there were issues with the current firmware (4.5)? Since you announced the recall on post #72 on June 26, 2013, was there some sort of change in v 4.x software? I hadn't read about any new OTA updates.

Just curious since I'd really like to order one for my Aug 8th delivered v 4.5 MS!

Congrats on being back in the saddle!

My browser crashed so I'll try again...

I don't know how much "Tesla helped" vs. "things just worked out by themselves / by coincidence" but I'm glad to see your product is underway again. Your handling of the prior drama was remarkable and refreshing. :)

I just bought one!

FYI, the checkout page seems to not like Canadian postal codes: it keeps giving an error no matter how I format my postal code. Canadian postal codes are a combination of numbers and digits like V1N 2M3. The only way I could get the website to accept my postal code was to make up a US-like 5 digit code like 123000 (I ensured country selected was Canada in the dropdown box, and I included notes to you in the comments box with the proper address).

I'm also trying to download the pdf instructions, on the site CapturePro Instructions | Power12 Electric Vehicle Aftermarket and the download link to view the instructions (http://goo.gl/7LDyY6) brings up a "file is missing" page from Google docs.

Last edited:
I just bought one!

<snip>

I'm also trying to download the pdf instructions, on the site CapturePro Instructions | Power12 Electric Vehicle Aftermarket and the download link to view the instructions (http://goo.gl/7LDyY6) brings up a "file is missing" page from Google docs.

SteveW,
There was a caching issue that should now be repaired. Also, I adjusted the site to allow a direct connect allowing download. Let me know if that works now.

David

- - - Updated - - -

So those of us who kept our capture pro need a link to repay you for the refunded money.

For those of you who have asked about 're-paying' for previous orders which were refunded: you can simply use PayPal to Send Money to [email protected]. Send the amount you wish, or the amount you previously paid (example: current pricing with shipment to USA is $44.98).

Thanks to those of you who wish to do that - it's not requested or expected.

David

- - - Updated - - -

agree 100%
Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Agree 100%
Thank you

It happened to me. Came back to my car and the plug was on the floor. Dent right where you don't want it to be. I can only imagine some a$$ swung it around like a cowboy and smashed it onto my car.

photo.jpeg

Sorry, images from iphone come in upside down, but you can see the damage.

So if it actually does work on 4.5 - did something change since you took it off the market? I believe we were also on 4.5 at that time.

I'll be ordering one now. People rarely get unplugged, but it can be super annoying if it happens. Mine was unplugged at the Venetian J1772 in Vegas and I needed that charge.