TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

J1772 in Switzerland?!

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Mitrovic, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Mitrovic

Mitrovic Member

The Swiss company Texxenergy plans to install charging stations with the J1772 standard!?
    This would be very interesting! 63A charging.

2. widodh

widodh Model S R231 EU

Uh, are they lost? Seems to me there is somebody there who is not up to date with the standards...

3. Kevin Sharpe

Kevin Sharpe Active Member

agreed...

4. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

Or perhaps someone is up to date with Tesla standards? :crying:

A J1772 63A 240V 1-phase is exactly what each and every of the 100 roadster owners in CH would like to see all over the country. Roadster cannot use 3 phase or make full use of Mennekes and it looks like Model S will be the same. Adapters J1772->Tesla are/will be available.

The only possible negative impact is, when rollout of J1772 hurts the number of Mennekes/CHAdeMO/Tesla Fast DC charge points erected.

5. Mitrovic

Mitrovic Member

Well I think that is exactly what they think. They want to give the Tesla drivers a possibility for "fast" charging.

6. Kevin Sharpe

Kevin Sharpe Active Member

Why J1772?

Just use the 44kW 'mennekes' sockets and you can achieve the same thing (63A 240V 1-Phase) while being compatible with all other cars that use AC (including future 3-Phase)

7. Eberhard

Eberhard #421 Model S #S32

what about upgrading the Roadster/Models S chargers by a third party charger? then you can do 3x63A = 44kW

8. widodh

widodh Model S R231 EU

I don't see why we should adapt the chargers for just two cars!?

It's Tesla who is so ingorant, but we should not start rolling out chargers for JUST Tesla's.

The first EV to come out with a 3-phase charger is the Renault Fluence, but Volkswagen will follow with their cars.

Europe has a three-phase network, simple as that.

Also, using J1772? In Europe we use the Type 2 connector!

9. Mitrovic

Mitrovic Member

They will produce a charging station with different adapters on the same charging station. It will not only be J1772. But to serve the Tesla they will have also the J1772. I think this is good news. Of course it would be better if Tesla would change something, but as they seem not willing to....

10. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

This. ^^

Do we have a source article? The European model is typically to just have a Mennekes socket, the user carries his own cable. The Level 2 signaling between Mennekes, J1772, and Tesla are all compatible, so the user just carries the appropriate cable for his car. The station doesn't need to provide adapters.

11. Mitrovic

Mitrovic Member

Sorry, of course I meant to say sockets not adapters...
    I just got a teaser from the company Texxenergy as an email saying, good news for Tesla owners as their new battery puffered charging station will implement:
    "Yazaki (CHAdeMO) und Mode3 auch eine 1772-Schnittstelle (63A)

12. Mitrovic

Mitrovic Member

IN Switzerland everything goes not slowly, but it takes time... They want to install those charging stations in summer 2012. But they should be really good...

13. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Sounds to me like they actually plan to install EVSEs with J1772 connectors (and CHAdeMO, which is another surprise). Please post a link to a full article or press release when you have one.

14. emq

emq Member

#14 emq, Nov 9, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
    Texxenergy is a Startup company, i donot expect press information, i try since 2years to coordinate with parke&charge, they try to do there own way, like charging energy, instead Park&Charge key.

I plan visit probably Saturday 12. Nov. velexpo, 10-13 novembre 2011 Sustainable Mobility: more than one alternative! al Centro Esposizioni di Lugano,

Texx Energy
    Schweizer Hersteller von Ladeinfrastruktur für Elektrofahrzeuge (auch mit Schnellladung) Fiat 500 Kamoo

Tesla Motors
    Hersteller von Elektro-Sportwagen Tesla Roadster

I hope getting specific Infos there

Friday 18.Nov. 2011 next meeting IG V2G the CEO of TexxEnergy Remo Estermann usaly will be there, i will ask him about the strategy

I am member of texxEnergy newsletter and miss this information, thank you mitrovic

15. emq

emq Member

#15 emq, Nov 9, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
    Texxenergy and Teslamotors

Texxenergy support Roadster (andModel-S) Drivers in CH, for accelerated 1ph charging, that helps at the moment,

Why should teslamotors support 3ph charging, if 32A/63A 230 V Mode 1/2 and J1772 with 32/63A, get support by Texxenergy.

TexxEnergy Charging Station VT80, 80A 230/400V is direct conected to the Grid, need suport Grid Conection Conditions,
    AT80 is Battery buffered, do not need support Grid Conditons, but are future solutions.

1ph 230/400V is limited to 16A, Mode 1 &2 are limited to 16A, in EU, 32A/63A need 3ph & Mode3, with Type 2 .

In EU, J1772 is limited to 16A, because missing support of 3ph (or needs a converter like AT80).