Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

J1772 in Switzerland?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or perhaps someone is up to date with Tesla standards? :crying:

A J1772 63A 240V 1-phase is exactly what each and every of the 100 roadster owners in CH would like to see all over the country. Roadster cannot use 3 phase or make full use of Mennekes and it looks like Model S will be the same. Adapters J1772->Tesla are/will be available.

The only possible negative impact is, when rollout of J1772 hurts the number of Mennekes/CHAdeMO/Tesla Fast DC charge points erected.

Or perhaps someone is up to date with Tesla standards? :crying:

A J1772 63A 240V 1-phase is exactly what each and every of the 100 roadster owners in CH would like to see all over the country. Roadster cannot use 3 phase or make full use of Mennekes and it looks like Model S will be the same. Adapters J1772->Tesla are/will be available.

The only possible negative impact is, when rollout of J1772 hurts the number of Mennekes/CHAdeMO/Tesla Fast DC charge points erected.

Well I think that is exactly what they think. They want to give the Tesla drivers a possibility for "fast" charging.

Well I think that is exactly what they think. They want to give the Tesla drivers a possibility for "fast" charging.
I don't see why we should adapt the chargers for just two cars!?

It's Tesla who is so ingorant, but we should not start rolling out chargers for JUST Tesla's.

The first EV to come out with a 3-phase charger is the Renault Fluence, but Volkswagen will follow with their cars.

Europe has a three-phase network, simple as that.

Also, using J1772? In Europe we use the Type 2 connector!

Why J1772?

Just use the 44kW 'mennekes' sockets and you can achieve the same thing (63A 240V 1-Phase) while being compatible with all other cars that use AC (including future 3-Phase)

They will produce a charging station with different adapters on the same charging station. It will not only be J1772. But to serve the Tesla they will have also the J1772. I think this is good news. Of course it would be better if Tesla would change something, but as they seem not willing to....

Why J1772?

Just use the 44kW 'mennekes' sockets and you can achieve the same thing (63A 240V 1-Phase) while being compatible with all other cars that use AC (including future 3-Phase)
This. ^^

They will produce a charging station with different adapters on the same charging station. It will not only be J1772. But to serve the Tesla they will have also the J1772. I think this is good news. Of course it would be better if Tesla would change something, but as they seem not willing to....
Do we have a source article? The European model is typically to just have a Mennekes socket, the user carries his own cable. The Level 2 signaling between Mennekes, J1772, and Tesla are all compatible, so the user just carries the appropriate cable for his car. The station doesn't need to provide adapters.

This. ^^

Do we have a source article? The European model is typically to just have a Mennekes socket, the user carries his own cable. The Level 2 signaling between Mennekes, J1772, and Tesla are all compatible, so the user just carries the appropriate cable for his car. The station doesn't need to provide adapters.

Sorry, of course I meant to say sockets not adapters...
I just got a teaser from the company Texxenergy as an email saying, good news for Tesla owners as their new battery puffered charging station will implement:
"Yazaki (CHAdeMO) und Mode3 auch eine 1772-Schnittstelle (63A)

Sorry, of course I meant to say sockets not adapters...
I just got a teaser from the company Texxenergy as an email saying, good news for Tesla owners as their new battery puffered charging station will implement:
"Yazaki (CHAdeMO) und Mode3 auch eine 1772-Schnittstelle (63A)

Sounds to me like they actually plan to install EVSEs with J1772 connectors (and CHAdeMO, which is another surprise). Please post a link to a full article or press release when you have one.

Please post a link to a full article or press release when you have one.

Texxenergy is a Startup company, i donot expect press information, i try since 2years to coordinate with parke&charge, they try to do there own way, like charging energy, instead Park&Charge key.

I plan visit probably Saturday 12. Nov. velexpo, 10-13 novembre 2011 Sustainable Mobility: more than one alternative! al Centro Esposizioni di Lugano,

Texx Energy
Schweizer Hersteller von Ladeinfrastruktur für Elektrofahrzeuge (auch mit Schnellladung) Fiat 500 Kamoo

Tesla Motors
Hersteller von Elektro-Sportwagen Tesla Roadster

I hope getting specific Infos there

Friday 18.Nov. 2011 next meeting IG V2G the CEO of TexxEnergy Remo Estermann usaly will be there, i will ask him about the strategy

I am member of texxEnergy newsletter and miss this information, thank you mitrovic

Last edited:
Sounds to me like TexxEnergy actually plan to install EVSEs with J1772 connectors.

Texxenergy and Teslamotors

Texxenergy support Roadster (andModel-S) Drivers in CH, for accelerated 1ph charging, that helps at the moment,

Why should teslamotors support 3ph charging, if 32A/63A 230 V Mode 1/2 and J1772 with 32/63A, get support by Texxenergy.

TexxEnergy Charging Station VT80, 80A 230/400V is direct conected to the Grid, need suport Grid Conection Conditions,
AT80 is Battery buffered, do not need support Grid Conditons, but are future solutions.

1ph 230/400V is limited to 16A, Mode 1 &2 are limited to 16A, in EU, 32A/63A need 3ph & Mode3, with Type 2 .

In EU, J1772 is limited to 16A, because missing support of 3ph (or needs a converter like AT80).

Last edited: