Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jack mode for ferry ride?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taking first longish trip from Portland OR to Victoria BC. There's a 90m ferry ride in between. Should I enable jack mode during the ferry ride? I guess the main issue is if the car will continually try to self level with the motions of the ferry. I've read conflicting posts about whether the car self levels when off, but I have witnessed once where my car leveled itself in my garage so seems like it's possible.

Does the self leveling apply to the height of the each suspension point with respect to the wheel axle or to the angle of the surface on which it passes or sits. I think it maintains a constant height with respect to the axle otherwise going up a steep climb or banked turn it'd try to level but run out of range. So a ships pitch and roll should not be an issue if it is axle height. I know from a failure on mine that there is a pot with an arm that provides the height of each suspension point, one on the body and the other on the wheel strut.

On the ferry now. The owners manual mentions several times that self leveling can happen with the car off so I enabled jack mode. I wish I were allowed in the loading area so I could turn it off to see if it actively levels. This ferry sure is rock'n and roll'n.