Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jack pad adapter available for Audi/VW compact jack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The jack pad adapter is designed exclusively to fit the OEM A4 Audi/VW jack commonly available through outlets such as eBay and Amazon and allows you to raise the Model 3 using the jack points to change a tire in a roadside emergency.

upload_2018-12-14_9-35-45.jpeg

upload_2018-12-14_9-36-39.jpeg

The adapter is machined from a solid piece of aluminum and includes a dense foam cushion. It stores easily into a compartment in the Audi jack tool kit. The cost is $30 and includes shipping. Please message me or reply to this post if you have any questions or if you would like to purchase one.

upload_2018-12-14_9-37-27.jpeg

Thank you to OP @siminoff for sharing his design specifications with my daughter's high school robotics team, who then programmed the equipment and machined this part in their shop. 100% of the proceeds from the sale of these adapters will benefit the team and help with travel expenses to compete in FIRST Robotics.

I have not found a compatible jack on Amazon either, but you can find several of them on Ebay by searching for "audi factory jack". They seem to have used the same model for at least a decade on cars like the A4, A6, VW Passat and others.

• Informative
Reactions: e-FTW
The kids are talking about making a standard puck adapter for use in any jack. No lip, maybe an inch base. Is there a market for those in aluminum? They have plenty of stock so their buy-in is labor and equipment time. In order to be competitive, maybe $50-60 for a set of 4.

The kids are talking about making a standard puck adapter for use in any jack. No lip, maybe an inch base. Is there a market for those in aluminum? They have plenty of stock so their buy-in is labor and equipment time. In order to be competitive, maybe $50-60 for a set of 4.
Streetrays sells those already. The market for jackpad adapters is very competitive! You've definitely got a good niche with VW/Audi jack adapter. I would buy one from you if I hadn't already made one myself.

• Disagree
Reactions: Sandiegodoug
There are already several puck adapters. How about an adapter for popular inexpensive scissor jacks with a saddle pad like the Big Red scissor jack? I imagine something like an upside-down U-shape with the pin on the outside on the short leg. That would of course require some design and testing ...

Reactions: e-FTW