Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would I need more than one? I honestly don't know how these are used so forgive my
Why would I need more than one? I honestly don't know how these are used so forgive my question.
if you needed to rotate the tires, lifting from both corners on the same side is recommended or if you are getting new tires all around one on each corner as there is only one place Tesal states can be used as a lift point per corner.

Just got my Model S a month ago and I'm curious to know why we need a jack pad adapter. Please educate me as to why we need to buy these pads.
The underside of Tesal vehicles are where the battery pack is located, the life points are very small and jack pads give you added safety when lifting for a flat tire, rotation or tire replacement.
Same reason a non marring socket it used and a torque wrench, to give you additional safety.

• Informative
Reactions: SilverGS
I have had mine since April 2018 and have been happy with them so far. I bought two and keep one in my frunk for roadside use, and the other stuck to the bottom of the shelf above my tool box at home for garage use. I have swapped tires over at least 6 times, one tire at a time, and it seems to be holding up fine.

Funny story about them
I had just swapped on my summer tires a few days before a Electric car meetup. A while into the meetup I noticed a group of people standing around my car pointing at the bottom near the front tire. I came over and asked what was going, and they asked me what that red thing stuck to the bottom of my car was. I went and pulled the jack pad off and showed it to them, and then tossed it into the frunk. I don't recall how many trips I took in the car with the pad stuck to the bottom, but the trip to the meetup was more than 20 miles over country roads. Glad I didn't lose it!
(I don't suggest trying this!)

I have had mine since April 2018 and have been happy with them so far. I bought two and keep one in my frunk for roadside use, and the other stuck to the bottom of the shelf above my tool box at home for garage use. I have swapped tires over at least 6 times, one tire at a time, and it seems to be holding up fine.

Funny story about them
I had just swapped on my summer tires a few days before a Electric car meetup. A while into the meetup I noticed a group of people standing around my car pointing at the bottom near the front tire. I came over and asked what was going, and they asked me what that red thing stuck to the bottom of my car was. I went and pulled the jack pad off and showed it to them, and then tossed it into the frunk. I don't recall how many trips I took in the car with the pad stuck to the bottom, but the trip to the meetup was more than 20 miles over country roads. Glad I didn't lose it!
(I don't suggest trying this!)

I’ve heard that same things many times where people have driven weeks with the jack pad attached by accident and yes it’s not meant to but I use the strongest magnets I can.

appreciate the review and if you ever have a question or problem with them send me a message and we will get you taken care of, I’m always here to help.

https://www.ebay.com/str/murphyslawroadside
The "I GOTTA EAT SALE" STILL GOING ON. Ends soon
Screenshot (70).png

Well three years ago when i started making tire service tools for the Tesla models I didn't think it would be an endeavor that would last this long but luckily it did as it helped my roadside assistance company thru some hard financial times. I recently produced the 10,000 unit and sent it out as a surprise to a great customer. So many things I've learned over these three years, things i would have never gotten into without this venture and I'm a better person and business owner for it.
This corona virus has devoured many businesses and it looks like my jack pad business may be its next victim, sales have almost fallen off 95% and producing them as I've dine since the first I've done all myself apart from the cutting of the rubber pieces. Im not sure how much longer ill be manufacturing these at this rate and sadly I've set my sales at a break even price point just to get some funds back out of what I've already produced.
If/when i do stop selling i ill have a few dozen put aside for any warranty issues. I would like to thank the Tesla community for its steadfast belief in my products and support of my small business.
I am running a 30% off sale shortly so get them while there on their last sale.

Thank you
James Williford

Reactions: WASD