Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jack Pads for 2021 Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The pad knob that inserts into the hole varies in diameter size from 23mm to 26mm depending on the brand. Mine were too loose with the O ring si I added a second O ring in the grove with the supplied one on top. Now they stick in the hole as they should. The diameter of the hole on both my Teslas are 25.5mm. The pad knobs were 23mm, too lose.

The thickness of the pad is 1" and just slips in with my floor jack with 1/4 " clearance. I had to remove a part of the cup on the jack to make it work. The S with suspension lift is not a problem.

Reactions: mrohitredd
The pad knob that inserts into the hole varies in diameter size from 23mm to 26mm depending on the brand. Mine were too loose with the O ring si I added a second O ring in the grove with the supplied one on top. Now they stick in the hole as they should. The diameter of the hole on both my Teslas are 25.5mm. The pad knobs were 23mm, too lose.

The thickness of the pad is 1" and just slips in with my floor jack with 1/4 " clearance. I had to remove a part of the cup on the jack to make it work. The S with suspension lift is not a problem.
Do you have a link to the O-rings that you used? I have the same problem with the pads falling out.

Do you all leave them pads on the car all the time or take them off, once you are done using the jack ?

I made a set of jack pads using 4 hockey pucks, and a set of rubber bumpers:
1) Routed a circular groove in the puck for the rubber bumper about 1/8" deep.
2) Glued the rubber bumper to the puck.

Total time to make ~1 hour.
Total cost ~$13.

jackpads.jpg

I made a set of jack pads using 4 hockey pucks, and a set of rubber bumpers:
1) Routed a circular groove in the puck for the rubber bumper about 1/8" deep.
2) Glued the rubber bumper to the puck.

Total time to make ~1 hour.
Total cost ~$13.

View attachment 664590
great idea, but for a few bucks more on amazon, you can get it in a travel case