Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jack pads in Aus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How necessary are these pucks for example would bob jane etc already have these pucks or not?
I recommend having a set of jacking pucks.
Cheap sets are on eBay but may be too tight a fit. Test fit before use.
I modded mine by cutting the round stub into a hex. They ease in and wont fall out.
Fit them yourself at the tyre store and tell the tyre changer where to jack.

TM3PucksHex.jpg

Pro Tip: if you run the SR+ aero covers, take them off at home and hose down
the wheels and covers and leave the covers off, to make the installer's work less dusty.

Reactions: David Sowden
I got mine from tessories (with out the flash bag) but here’s a link to the AliExpress version $25

Thanks for the tip on these… I’ve ordered a set, even though I think it’s completely ridiculous if something like this is needed to jack a Model 3 safely, and that it cannot be jacked safely “naked”. But the bag looks nice, so I pulled the trigger and will toss these in the sub-boot.

Reactions: Max_G and Leeroy
Agreed it should be supplied.
It’s one of those ‘insurance policies’ I think. If it slips off the jack, it’s a moment when you’d cuss and say if I’d just spent that $25 🤣🤣

Ali have been really good with shipping of late, I have 1 order that’s over a month but everything else has been inside 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vostok
I ordered mine around 6 weeks ago (from a different Ali seller). They went to Aus Post on the 12th September but they seem to have fallen to the bottom of the AP pit. So just ordered 4 more from the above link. If I end up with 8, I'll put 4 onto eBay or sell to someone on this forum who wants them.

• Disagree
Reactions: Leeroy
In a strange twist of fate, I ordered new pucks after 6wks of the original ones being in Auspost. 30mins later, I got the first notification in over 6wks from Auspost and now they arrived! So, I'll onsell the second set when they come. These have a red O-ring and I just checked and they fit perfectly. They are 25mm thick.

On my 3LR, I measure 120mm from the puck face to the ground. That fits very nicely with the claimed 145mm ground clearance. I estimate I will lose a further 40mm with a flat tyre, leaving a mere 80mm for the jack. I know there is a Porsche jack that is supposed to fit but they appear a bit rare and also steeply priced.

If I can get a jack that goes close, I can perhaps cut 10mm off a couple of these pucks so I have two of 15mm and two of 25mm.

In a strange twist of fate, I ordered new pucks after 6wks of the original ones being in Auspost. 30mins later, I got the first notification in over 6wks from Auspost and now they arrived! So, I'll onsell the second set when they come. These have a red O-ring and I just checked and they fit perfectly. They are 25mm thick.

On my 3LR, I measure 120mm from the puck face to the ground. That fits very nicely with the claimed 145mm ground clearance. I estimate I will lose a further 40mm with a flat tyre, leaving a mere 80mm for the jack. I know there is a Porsche jack that is supposed to fit but they appear a bit rare and also steeply priced.

If I can get a jack that goes close, I can perhaps cut 10mm off a couple of these pucks so I have two of 15mm and two of 25mm.

SuperCheap have 3t jack that is low enough to get under. I about that for my Merc S350, and used it today to lift the car on one corner to inspect a tire.

I ordered mine around 6 weeks ago (from a different Ali seller). They went to Aus Post on the 12th September but they seem to have fallen to the bottom of the AP pit. So just ordered 4 more from the above link.

In a strange twist of fate, I ordered new pucks after 6wks of the original ones being in Auspost. 30mins later, I got the first notification in over 6wks from Auspost and now they arrived!

You do realise, don’t you, that as soon as you ordered the 2nd set, it guaranteed that you’d receive the first set?! 🤣

Reactions: doggy1 and Leeroy