Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jack pads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone tried these from Amazon?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/DEDC-Adapter-Rubber-Frame-Tesla/dp/B07SW2T9JM/ref=mp_s_a_1_111?keywords=model+3+jack+pad&qid=1565533995&refinements=p_76:419159031&rnid=419157031&rps=1&s=gateway&sprefix=model+3+jack&sr=8-111
Don't want to spend loads but need to get a set of 4 so would be good to know if anyone has tried these or a similar set for cheaper?
Seen DIY videos of people making their own using rubber pucks but these look much better and are reasonably priced.
I know I’m probably being dense here, but why do we need four? I’ve only ever had one (or once two) wheels jacked up at the same time.

I’d been looking at these too and they seem good value.

I've ordered and recieved exactly this set, they seem fine. caveated by the fact I dont have the car yet so cant test :)

With regard ordering 4, yes in general you dont need more than maybe 2, but these are only slightly dearer than some of the single parts, so I look at it like a couple of spares. Keep 2 in Garage and 2 in car.

Reactions: Roy W.
I've ordered and recieved exactly this set, they seem fine. caveated by the fact I dont have the car yet so cant test :)

With regard ordering 4, yes in general you dont need more than maybe 2, but these are only slightly dearer than some of the single parts, so I look at it like a couple of spares. Keep 2 in Garage and 2 in car.
Thanks for that. Ordered :D

If you took your car to a garage which had a lift, it is conceivable they could do some damage without putting these pucks under each lift arm, but TBH I probably wouldn't use a garage likely to do that!

The Model 3 has similar jacking points to a Porsche 911 and I never used pucks when I had one of those, so it's possibly just another excuse to sell people an accessory based on FUD. Having said that, I bought a set just in case, so I fell for it :D

1 or 2 would probably be fine for home but am keen on 4 just incase the car ever goes into a non- Tesla garage for something like new tyres/rotation and they try to lift the whole car up.
Something like this is what most garages have:

• Informative
Reactions: Roy W.
Unfortunately have had it before where they have lifted it up on the fuel tank which has then been dented and only noticed much later.
Having these should be a bit more idiot proof (hopefully!) and won't have to worry about then damaging the battery which would be very expensive and annoying

Saw these cheaper on eBay from China if you don't mind waiting a few weeks:
For Tesla Model 3 Rubber Jack Lift Point Pad Adapter Tool Safe Raising -4Pcs/Set | eBay

I'll order and see what tyre like
I think I’ll stick with Amazon. I’ve recently had a bad experience with eBay from China on a set of £10.99 centre wheel hubs and nut covers. One of the centre wheel hubs arrived with a dent in it. I emailed the seller with a picture, but the best they will offer me is a part refund for the damaged cap. I wanted a single replacement cap, but apparently that isn’t possible.

They don’t seem to understand that there’s no way I’m putting a dented cap onto a brand new car. :mad:

Waiting a few weeks!! Laughed so hard thought I was going to have to reach for the defibrillator :D
I have bought many things from China (banggood.com is a popular one for me, techie/fpv drone parts for cheap) and usually arrives in 9 days from them! Not unusual to receive items in 2-4 weeks from China. Just received (Friday) my cheap £4 console wrap in 3 weeks that I bought on eBay. Some places, granted, have not arrived but is usually resent or I get a refund with no hassle :)

I have bought many things from China (banggood.com is a popular one for me, techie/fpv drone parts for cheap) and usually arrives in 9 days from them! Not unusual to receive items in 2-4 weeks from China. Just received (Friday) my cheap £4 console wrap in 3 weeks that I bought on eBay. Some places, granted, have not arrived but is usually resent or I get a refund with no hassle :)

Have you got a link to the wrap you got please?