Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jack Plugs (Poll)

Did you know about the "Jack Plug" for the Model 3 (or any oher car for that matter)?

• Yes, of course, I'm not a dolt. I plan to get one for my M3 (or already have one)

Votes: 27 65.9%
  • No, but I do now and plan to get one (or a set)

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • No, but I do now... but don't plan to get one (or a set)

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Yes, but I don't feel the need to get one - just another gimmick

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jebinc

Jun 19, 2019
Seattle area
Until I joined this forum, I never thought about a "Jack Plug" accessory, as I always used wooden blocks. I love the idea and decided to buy a good one on Amazon. So, I'm curious if I was the only one in the dark on this - hence the quick poll.

Edit: Tried to correct the typo in the title, but no go. Perhaps a mod can fix this for me?

Order on Amazon now, they're called jack pads and 4 r $29.99.
Most places I looked wanted $10/ 12 each. Some come in fancy colors... :rolleyes:
Whatever;).
I just want to make sure if I'm in a pinch, some idiot isn't going to try his "latest fancy move" on the 3 because neither he nor I have the right tool.
Along with charging adapters, a must have piece in your trunk... IMHO.:)

Do those pucks have nipples like the Jack Pads? ;)

I used generic hockey pucks with a 3D printed top piece that holds in the frame hole to keep the puck centered. Thingiverse also had a nice holder for 4 of these.

Recently I've seen people use rubber door stops for the top piece also. This would still be a little cheaper than the $30 total Amazon option, but not by enough to matter.

Keep them with/in the car in case you have a surprise tire problem. I doubt most shops would have something like this unless the "cool kids" go there normally!

Are you calling us four hockey pucks? And what about nipples?:eek:
I didn't think I'd enjoy this thread this much! :p

As I said, I'm trying to make this thread/poll "worth the trip," without offending anyone, and informative/helpful as well!

BTW, I just got this set from eBay (low profile version), as forgot I might need a set should I ever need to visit a tire shop or garage while on a road trip. I also wanted a sexy-looking set as a aesthetically pleasing conversation piece(s)! This set will be in the truck and my lone Jack Pad will be in the garage for my day to day use.

Tesla Model 3 Low Profile Jack Point / Pad Adapter Tool - QTY:4 w/Carrying Case | eBay

jack pads.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Jimmy 1
As I said, I'm trying to make this thread/poll "worth the trip," without offending anyone, and informative/helpful as well!

BTW, I just got this set from eBay (low profile version), as forgot I might need a set should I ever need to visit a tire shop or garage while on a road trip. I also wanted a sexy-looking set as a aesthetically pleasing conversation piece(s)! This set will be in the truck and my lone Jack Pad will be in the garage for my day to day use.

Tesla Model 3 Low Profile Jack Point / Pad Adapter Tool - QTY:4 w/Carrying Case | eBay

View attachment 429364

Actually amazing.

Did someone say Amazon day?!
My plain black set of 4 arrives in a few days, then I can get started with the ceramic coating on the 18s. I do like that shiney set up tho I'm kinda old school.
No tatts...
No piercing...
No pony tail... Wait for it...
No shiney nipples! :eek:
:)

:eek::eek:
Did someone say Amazon day?!
My plain black set of 4 arrives in a few days, then I can get started with the ceramic coating on the 18s. I do like that shiney set up tho I'm kinda old school.
No tatts...
No piercing...
No pony tail... Wait for it...
No shiney nipples! :eek:
:)

I fell for it, and “waited for it”!

I decided to laser engrave my “polished knobs” with my name and “Model 3”. This way the jack @$$es at the tire shop know whose they are and to return them! Over kill, I know. But hey!

Reactions: Kleenerth3