Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jack stand 4 sides

Most efficient jackstand for the price

• JackPoint

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Rennstand

• DIY Jackstand combo + jack adapters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Powerbuilt + jack adapters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sell kidney, buy QuickJack

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was going to try DIY caliper painting on my next day off, but ran into a little dilemma I've never had with previous vehicles. There's only one spot to lift from each corner, so there's no easy (or inexpensive) way to raise all 4 tires off the ground. I've read through lots of threads, and so far I've found several possible solutions.
1: JackPoint stands. For $640 as a set of 4 they seem to be a little pricey, and turn my DIY projects into something more, but so seem to be the safest tool.

2: Rennstand by Jacksafe has a similar Jack stand, but seems less refined and easier to topple over. A set of 4 is $500

3: The most expensive option, a Quickjack total car lifter. These puppies lift the whole car in one switch. Damn do I wish I had the money to spend and room to store this

4: Powerbuilt 620516 2 Ton, U 4000 lbs UJack Garage Jack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XCRJRPZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_EJ3tDb7X5CTHD seems to work with all typical jackstands, but does the "V" shape of the jackstand pose an issue to the lift point? It seems most people use jack adapters for our vehicles.

Now we get into real DIY land.

5: Inexpensive method to put the Model 3 on 4 Jack Stands this shows a cheaper method that uses 2 bottlejack/jackstand combo pieces, and 2 normal jackstand, as well as some finesse. The user seems to get the car up, and it seems to be balanced well enough, but is it a reasonable solution?

So what other options have you guys and gals used to lift all 4 tires off the ground? I'm leaning more towards the JackPoint's, but have a hard time justifying the price for a simple project. I would even rent them if it was reasonable.

I've been thinking of doing the same project. And thinking about how to get the wheels up and off the car. I've rebuilt several cars and built engines from scratch. Its been a while since, but I know how to do this, and have sufficient respect for the size and weight of this car to be extra careful.

I lean toward the Jackpoint, but only two. I am thinking I can do one side/two wheels at a time. Get one side done with one side up at a time. I figure if I don't get the other side done for a day or two, or even week, so what. I'd like to see where the person stands that sees both sides of the car at the same time where one side is painted and the other not.

Updated before 60 minutes pasted.

Even if the two pairs of Jackpoints are free, (they are not), I would feel bad that I have 4 stands sitting around of no daily or weekly use to myself. Its bad enough that the car is so darn good that I might never need to remove a wheel myself again, (does that sound right?). But I can more easily live with myself with two stands sitting idle than four. Yeah, its sort of a guy thing, isn't it?

Last edited:
I've been thinking of doing the same project. And thinking about how to get the wheels up and off the car. I've rebuilt several cars and built engines from scratch. Its been a while since, but I know how to do this, and have sufficient respect for the size and weight of this car to be extra careful.

I lean toward the Jackpoint, but only two. I am thinking I can do one side/two wheels at a time. Get one side done with one side up at a time. I figure if I don't get the other side done for a day or two, or even week, so what. I'd like to see where the person stands that sees both sides of the car at the same time where one side is painted and the other not.
Not a bad idea. Maybe I could see spending around 350. I guess my other cost could be just getting another can of caliper paint, which would be negilible to the cost of another JackPoint set.

Reactions: Akikiki