Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jack Stand Comparison

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, +/- $35 gets 12 pucks, 25 bumpers, and possibly some fasteners, which is enough for 3 full sets of pucks/bumpers and another 3 sets of bumpers.

I have leftovers DW wants to be out of the house here.

Hockey pucks and rubber bumpers for Model 3 jack pads

A great deal for a set of pads that are well made :cool:
Thank you for bring a bit of sanity to the discussion... still cheaper than buying one of those overpriced pads.

img_20181209_083153551_hdr-jpg.361694

Last edited:
That's nice, but for $400 more you can get a 6000lb 56" scissor lift at HF.

6000 Lb. Capacity Scissor Lift

And if you're gonna spend $1500 on a lift, why not get a beefier lift?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/9-000-LB-L2900-2-Post-Car-Lift-Auto-Truck-Hoist-FREE-SHIPPING

And then convert your home into a Tesla shop?

9ZOgqGO.png

The Scissor lift weighs 860 pounds and looks like it would damage the underside of the car.

The other link doesn't work, but sounds like something that wouldn't fit in my garage.

I have a high quality low profile race jack. It's still a PITA to cart it around all four corners of the car and it only lifts the car barely enough to change a wheel. The Quickjack is a bit pricey but offers some great features, each skid is only about 80 lbs. It can be stored easily in a corner of the garage, it sets up in about 5 minutes, it lifts the car much higher than the car is lifted with a floor jack, and the Quickjack has mechanical lockouts so that the car is safely lifted even if there is a problem with the hydraulics.

You might be right but I won't be doing it any time soon. If they wanted me to jack the car up so that both wheels were cleared on the same side of the vehicle they easily could have put a jack-point mid-frame... but they didn't.
people have been jacking cars up from one end to change both tires for ~200 years, many of us do it every single weekend at the local autocross for years, and we monitor our alignments so we know no harm is being done.

short story: it is fine

Reactions: FlatSix911