Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jack stands for model x?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How would you put the jack stand under a pad? You would need to lift two wheels off the ground from another jack point. An ICE usually has a long jack point area where you can use a jack and the stand at the same location.

How would you put the jack stand under a pad? You would need to lift two wheels off the ground from another jack point. An ICE usually has a long jack point area where you can use a jack and the stand at the same location.

Right, that's my concern. Ideally I would use the jack and adapter to lift a wheel, then place the jack stand underneath, and then lower it. So I just want to make sure that the jack stands I linked to won't cause any issues.

which Tesla pad does the Jackpoint stand team offer that works with the X? I have (2) Jackpoint Stands but have not yet used them with the X. and do you get enough lift with the Jackpoint stand to swap out wheels (22s included)?
All the wheels on the X when tires are mounted have the same overall diameter, so rim diameter is not an issue. Haven't used them on my new X either, but based on how high they are on the S, there shouldn't be any problem.

All the wheels on the X when tires are mounted have the same overall diameter, so rim diameter is not an issue. Haven't used them on my new X either, but based on how high they are on the S, there shouldn't be any problem.

thanks! so glad i saw this thread then. i will start using them when i go back to my 22s in the spring. based on the tesla puck i'm using now - would love to see a few pics of the setup with the Jackpoint stands (and corresponding puck) to anyone who has been using them too.

thanks! so glad i saw this thread then. i will start using them when i go back to my 22s in the spring. based on the tesla puck i'm using now - would love to see a few pics of the setup with the Jackpoint stands (and corresponding puck) to anyone who has been using them too.
I've always just used hockey pucks (there were no special pucks eight years ago).

which Tesla pad does the Jackpoint stand team offer that works with the X? I have (2) Jackpoint Stands but have not yet used them with the X. and do you get enough lift with the Jackpoint stand to swap out wheels (22s included)?

Did you get the Tesla Model X compatible jackstands? If I remember correctly (I haven't used them in a while), I don't think I used a jack pad in addition to the Jackpoint setup.

I don't know if I got X compatible ones; i use them for my porsche.

good news for me is that Jackpoint is down the street from where i live, so i'm going the their warehouse this afternoon to pick up the X jack pads/pucks and will re-confirm everything.

ill post any pics of the setup if there is interest.

I don't know if I got X compatible ones; i use them for my porsche.

good news for me is that Jackpoint is down the street from where i live, so i'm going the their warehouse this afternoon to pick up the X jack pads/pucks and will re-confirm everything.

ill post any pics of the setup if there is interest.

Here is the Tesla compatible setup from Jackpoint:

Jack stands with Tesla Pads

Reactions: jerry33
Here is the Tesla compatible setup from Jackpoint:

Jack stands with Tesla Pads

just got back from Jackpoint's facility. I spoke with John who's the owner and the key contact per the website. He was excellent to work speak with and happy I got to spend time over at his facility. All parts made right here in Illinois, USA.

To recap:

1) All Jackpoint stands work across all vehicles (I'm talking just about the stands). There aren't dedicated stands just for the Tesla (ie, X). The weight of each stand can hold 4,000 lbs.

2) There are Gen 1 and Gen 2 Jackpoing pads for the Telsa. Gen 1 and Gen 2 pads work with the Model S, Model X and Model Y. Gen 2 pads only work with the Model 3 Performance.

3) The difference between the Gen 1 and Gen 2 pads are 3mm in height. The Gen 2 pads are 3mm shorter and thus fit the Model 3 Performance.

John does have some Gen 1 pads (the higher pads) available that are a bit cheaper too. I'll be using this setup moving forward when I swap my 22s and 20s between seasons.

• Informative
Reactions: jerry33 and VikH