Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jack up the fees please!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The above illustrates the exception to the general rule that most Tesla buyers value their time highly and so wouldn't waste their time charging locally at an SC to save a few pennies instead of charging at home overnight.
But I suspect there are not many examples of this sort of confused thinking or people whose time is cheap.

What general rule? I call Bull****! I've been on these boards a long time and I laugh at the cheap Tesla owners, How many times has a new app came out and people her whine because it cost too much, $5. People who own Tesla's are the same as people who own a Ford or a Chevy, They for the most part have deeper pockets and like to whine a lot. I spend more money Supercharging than I spent on gas. Google the Fresno SC and check the resturants around it, yes been to almost all of them and many of them numerous times. I'm sure I spent well over a hundred at McDonalds alone and I have only had car since August! Also our supercharger is rarely half full and 6 cars out of 10 stalls is the max i have ever witnessed there. Go back to complaining about spending $1000,000 for a car and the blind spot detection doesn't work. I think many here are hypocrites, I would love to see TeslaFi logs on many of the whines and see where they charge. "Myjayakumar complains only because a Supercharger isn't close enough to him to locally charge.

Reactions: Ohm it
What general rule? I call Bull****! I've been on these boards a long time and I laugh at the cheap Tesla owners, How many times has a new app came out and people her whine because it cost too much, $5. People who own Tesla's are the same as people who own a Ford or a Chevy, They for the most part have deeper pockets and like to whine a lot. I spend more money Supercharging than I spent on gas. Google the Fresno SC and check the resturants around it, yes been to almost all of them and many of them numerous times. I'm sure I spent well over a hundred at McDonalds alone and I have only had car since August! Also our supercharger is rarely half full and 6 cars out of 10 stalls is the max i have ever witnessed there. Go back to complaining about spending $1000,000 for a car and the blind spot detection doesn't work. I think many here are hypocrites, I would love to see TeslaFi logs on many of the whines and see where they charge. "Myjayakumar complains only because a Supercharger isn't close enough to him to locally charge.

You are a real piece of work, aren't you? I don't care how much you've spent at locations around your local SC, it's absolutely irrelevant to the discussion. Straw man arguments are useless around here and you'd know that if you've been around as long as you claim you've been...

Jeff

So you admit you're intentionally abusing the system to avoid paying to charge at home... Nice...

Privileged Tesla owners? Did you miss the part, assuming you can read, where supercharging is for LONG DISTANCE TRAVEL? Or perhaps you need one of those text to speech things to help you with your reading comprehension?

The purpose of the supercharging network is to enable long distance travel. It's not now, nor has it ever been, for cheap locals like yourself to be a parasite on the system.

I don't know what's worse, your over the top entitlement or having the audacity to call the rest of us "privileged" because we can read and comprehend what we're reading...

Jeff

Abusing the system? I never signed a contract that stated I couldn't charge in my local area! Quit making up your own rules. Supercharging is for charging a Tesla!

Funny, you complain about me but I have never stayed beyond my charging time. If you don't want people using free charging eliminate free charging! Oh, and I save approximately $6 every charge based on my PG&E utility charges. It's funny how you "privliged Tesla owners think you should get free charging because you are traveling. Make everyone pay for every KW. No problems then.

I don't think this guy is getting it. Or may be he gets it, but he is just a d*k

I really wish one of these days jcag waits for an hour in an SC on the way to the airport, misses the flight and also misses the long awaited family vacation on a cruise to Alaska. Will that a teach a lesson? I hope so, but not so sure.

Lack of planning (like charging sufficiently before leaving for the airport, and anticipating delays) on your part should not be a concern to the community at large. If you missed your plane (I'm assuming your example was drawn from real life), it wasn't because of the Supercharger being full. It was simply poor planning on your part.

Notwithstanding this specific observation, jchag seems like an entitled cheapskate.

Last edited:
Funny, you complain about me but I have never stayed beyond my charging time. If you don't want people using free charging eliminate free charging! Oh, and I save approximately $6 every charge based on my PG&E utility charges. It's funny how you "privliged Tesla owners think you should get free charging because you are traveling. Make everyone pay for every KW. No problems then.
It is a matter of the intent of the system. When Tesla launched the S, despite 250+ mile range, they knew they would need to put up a nationwide (not just US nation) fast charging system along highways to get past range concerns, enable travel, and sell their car. And, to top it off, thought they should make it "free" to further overcome concerns. So they did. A huge capital investment and logistics challenge, but they did it and their car now has most market share in class. That was the clearly documented sole intent, and the reason all superchargers are near highways, and few are in city centers. Abuse by locals was an unintended consequence. (Putting aside the continued issue of condo owners/renters, which has not yet been solved.) Tesla no longer features this in marketing, so we now have generation of owners who either don't know or don't care regarding intended use.

• Disagree
Reactions: callmesam
My two cents ... people like jchag are out of line, don't care they're out of line, and nothing said here is going to change that. It doesn't matter that Tesla has clearly stated that supercharging is for free long-distance travel, he's going to interpret it the way he wants to.

However, Tesla sees posts like those & will factor that behavior into their algorithms. So as far as I'm concerned, the more posts he makes about his behavior, the better.

Funny you say that. There are 14 charge point chargers in my office private parking lot - free for employees. I don't plug in. Why? I don't need the charge to get home. Let the Leafs and I3 go for it.
There are 36 free Level 2 chargers in the parking garage where I work. I have only used them once, when I needed a full charge since I wasn't returning home after working that day.

Abusing the system? I never signed a contract that stated I couldn't charge in my local area! Quit making up your own rules. Supercharging is for charging a Tesla!

Again, either you can't read or can't comprehend what you're reading. My guess is you lack comprehension as I doubt you'd get very far in life not being able to read... Supercharging is for, and at least for me I'm not going to back down on this, LONG DISTANCE TRAVEL. I'm not sure why you can't, or won't, understand this exceptionally simple concept.

You remind me of the "intellectually disadvantaged" among us who drive all over town looking for that one gas station that has to lowest price just to save a few pennies per gallon not realizing all of the fuel you wasted trying to find that one location...

Straight from Tesla's website (emphasis is mine):

"Superchargers are connectors that charge your Tesla vehicle in minutes instead of hours. Stations are strategically placed to minimize stops during long distance travel and are conveniently located near restaurants, shopping centers, and WiFi hot spots. Each station contains multiple Superchargers to help you get back on the road quickly."

Jeff

Reactions: randy1077
Ahem. If anything I posted in the thread was interpreted as defending this user, I hereby retract any such statements. :D

And yes, I have used my local supercharger a few times (along with paid Chargepoints a mile from home), because I haven't gotten a 14-50 installed in my garage yet. I bought the car sooner than expected (found a CPO I couldn't pass up), so the car came before my planned spring renovations (with 200A service upgrade).

Last edited:
You really are the poster child of EV charging abuse, aren't you? Do you honestly not see how your abuse is going to impact others whether directly or indirectly? Or are you just that pompous and self centered that you really don't care? I would laugh so hard if Tesla revoked your SC privileges all together. I don't know of them doing that to anyone yet, but I suspect that day is coming.

People like you are an embarrassment to the rest of the community. I get it, you don't care so long as you get yours. Funny how life has a way of catching up to people like you...

Jeff
Sorry, they can't cancel my supercharging. And tell me again how I am abusing the system. Not 1 "traveler" has ever waited while I charge locally. Sounds like your just a whiny Bay Area person looking for a reason to be offended. I thought Trump provided enough of that for you.

Again, either you can't read or can't comprehend what you're reading. My guess is you lack comprehension as I doubt you'd get very far in life not being able to read... Supercharging is for, and at least for me I'm not going to back down on this, LONG DISTANCE TRAVEL. I'm not sure why you can't, or won't, understand this exceptionally simple concept.

You remind me of the "intellectually disadvantaged" among us who drive all over town looking for that one gas station that has to lowest price just to save a few pennies per gallon not realizing all of the fuel you wasted trying to find that one location...

Straight from Tesla's website (emphasis is mine):

"Superchargers are connectors that charge your Tesla vehicle in minutes instead of hours. Stations are strategically placed to minimize stops during long distance travel and are conveniently located near restaurants, shopping centers, and WiFi hot spots. Each station contains multiple Superchargers to help you get back on the road quickly."

Jeff
Where does it say I cant use it for local charging, I must have missed it.

Ahem. If anything I posted in the thread was interpreted as defending this user, I hereby retract any such statements. :D

And yes, I have used my local supercharger a few times (along with paid Chargepoints a mile from home), because I haven't gotten a 14-50 installed in my garage yet. I bought the car sooner than expected (found a CPO I couldn't pass up), so the car came before my planned spring renovations (with 200A service upgrade).

Wait, you admit you are charging locally?, You are abusing the system.

Where does it say I cant use it for local charging, I must have missed it.

Really? Because it's not explicitly called out you're going to just assume you're in the right? It's been explained to you a dozen different ways, you obviously don't care. Well, we do. It's behavior like yours thats going to cause ever more restrictions on something so simple. There's always that one joker who has to ruin things for everyone else, you're clearly "that guy"... Yet you seem to be proud of it... Clearly you lack self awareness...

Again, people like you represent the worst the EV community has to offer. It says a lot about your character and the kind of person you likely are.

Jeff

Reactions: kavyboy