Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jacking up a Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DrComputer: Looking at your familiar BLU TSLA in the LA store right now while I get some new rear tires! Remembering how it charged at my place down in Solana Beach way back when. View attachment 8163

Attachments

• BLUTSLA.jpg
    BLUTSLA.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 655
Yeah, my Ranger suggested I get an alignment, and suggested I just go to a local place to do it. I expressed concern about putting it on a lift and he was like "huh?". The manual goes on about needing a special adapter, but it looks to me like they just put the lift arms under the four designated jack points and up it goes.

Nice pun about "jacking" the threead, BTW. If this goes more than a couple of messages maybe the local mod will split it out...

Yeah, my Ranger suggested I get an alignment, and suggested I just go to a local place to do it. I expressed concern about putting it on a lift and he was like "huh?". The manual goes on about needing a special adapter, but it looks to me like they just put the lift arms under the four designated jack points and up it goes.
No. Your car will tip over backwards. You need to call your Tesla service center and ask them where to get the adapters for the lift. None of the rangers seem to know. There is a cover that needs to be removed to find the spot for the adapter.