Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jacksonville FL Store at St. Johns Town Center?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the Sarasota store there are six HPWC chargers. Most likely the chargers are for demo cars along with two-three for public charging.

At the Sarasota store there are 4 HPWCs. Tesla usually parks two of their test drive cars there. In addition to the 4 HPWCs there are 12 other J1772 chargers at University Town Center.

However, we are both off-topic. :redface:

Larry

Last edited:
I haven't been able to locate their pop up store there, one car parked in an "alley" with an unmanned table and few chairs is a lame attempt at marketing.

When did you drop by? The fact it is a "Pop-up" Gallierie means that it has limited hours. For instance, from Monday to Thursday it is not open in the morning. Regardless, hopefully prospective buyers in the area will be able to call the number listed on the Tesla website and schedule an appointment and test drive. It's a step in the right direction while waiting for a Store to open in the Jacksonville area and it's certainly much more convenient than traveling to Orlando.

Larry

When did you drop by? The fact it is a "Pop-up" Gallierie means that it has limited hours. For instance, from Monday to Thursday it is not open in the morning. Regardless, hopefully prospective buyers in the area will be able to call the number listed on the Tesla website and schedule an appointment and test drive. It's a step in the right direction while waiting for a Store to open in the Jacksonville area and it's certainly much more convenient than traveling to Orlando.

Larry
I was there monday just before noon, and a pop up store does little for the tesla owner.
I wonder when and where is the service center that has been on the coming soon map for two years?

Opening 10 am Monday 11/23

Tesla Store by Talbots on Nordstrom end of mall drive. Opens 11/23 at 10 am. Six 80A HWPC chargers are being installed behind the store.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 138
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 63
I visited the new "gallery" today, they have 6 HPWC chargers for use but not too much else to offer current owners.
If you are in the area they invited me to an owners party on 12/3 from 6-8 pm, I will not be able to attend but if you're in the area you're welcome to stop by.

I went to the VIP Grand Opening Reception on December 3, 2015. Good turnout, both owners and non-owners. They served beer and wine and soft drinks and some tasty horse ovaries. Very nice. Thanks Tesla.
I plugged into one of the HPWC behind the store as I wanted to see if I could charge at 80 amps. I have dual chargers but I never get to test the functionality of the second charger as I only have a 40 amp NEMA 14-50 at home. I only got 40 amps from their HPWC. I mentioned this to one of the employees, so he investigated further and determined that their HPWC are set to output 40 amps only. I assume that applies to all 6 of their HPWC.

Tesla's webpage for Jacksonville was updated to show a supercharger at this site today: Jacksonville-St. Johns Town Center | Tesla Motors
And, as of right now, it is showing as a supercharger on their Find Us map. May be an error. We'll see.
I can assure you that this location is not a supercharger, there are 6 hpwc units and usually there are 4 or 5 "in use" by the store so if you are planning on using these at off hours you might find all of the units in use.

Tesla's webpage for Jacksonville was updated to show a supercharger at this site today: Jacksonville-St. Johns Town Center | Tesla Motors
And, as of right now, it is showing as a supercharger on their Find Us map. May be an error. We'll see.

I can assure you that this location is not a supercharger, there are 6 hpwc units and usually there are 4 or 5 "in use" by the store so if you are planning on using these at off hours you might find all of the units in use.

As was mentioned this is definitely an error. I've notified Tesla and they have acknowledged the error and the Website Team will be making corrections.

It should be noted that none of the HPWCs at stores and service centers are considered by Tesla to be destination chargers and they therefore are not listed either on the Tesla information regarding stores or service centers nor are they shown as destination chargers either. Tesla does not register them on the various charger locating applications. However, since plugshare information is crowd sourced frequently they will be shown there, but occasionally the information is incorrect.

As kort677 notes the Jacksonville HPWCs, as well as others located at other stores and service centers, should not automatically be considered available if you are planning a trip and are in critical need of charging. It is always wise to contact the locations in advance if you have a critical need to charge at these locations.

Larry