Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jaguar I-Pace from Tesla Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jaguar itself and it’s legacy of problems is going to be the problem. And Jaguar’s owners are trying to spin off the entire brand to new buyers.
The elephant in the room is does Jaguar have a robust charging network to compete with Superchargers? No. Oh, then it really doesn't matter how great the car is. Once again, the supercharger network is the moat that protects the Tesla castle.

The elephant in the room is does Jaguar have a robust charging network to compete with Superchargers? No. Oh, then it really doesn't matter how great the car is. Once again, the supercharger network is the moat that protects the Tesla castle.

I'm thinking of switching from Model S to an I-Pace. I mostly charge overnight at home and don't do road trips. The few times I do need to drive beyond my range there are many convenient charging networks in SoCal where I drive. They may not be as fast but I'm usually in no hurry. by eliminating free supercharging, which I have had since my first Model S in 2013, Tesla eliinated their charging advantage for me. The other networks are better located and charge the same or less.

But that's not why I'm switching. I'm switching for more comfortable seats, nicer more refined interiors, and if I need parts after an accident I'm hoping anbestabkished car company will do better making them available without a wait of 6 months.

Reactions: supratachophobia
I think I saw an I pace today. That thing is small. Smaller than the model S. I don't think it's going to sell well

EE36F97D-A248-4D62-93A6-869040DB0D84.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: 1 person
The range is not equal to Tesla and is probably the most important feature. Also, where in the USA is the charging network with Tesla type superchargers? Absolutely essential if you want to go on a trip that is greater than ~50% of the range? IMO looks like it is a very expensive around town/commuter car with probably less than a 100-mile one-way range. Even if the fit and finish is better than Tesla, I don't see many of these sold without a vast supercharging network that rivals Tesla especially on the West coast where we love electric cars. Just on the block where I live, there are 6 Teslas. My neighbor routinely drives his Model S 6 hours to LA with no issues. How can you do that with this car?
Show less

The range is not equal to Tesla and is probably the most important feature. Also, where in the USA is the charging network with Tesla type superchargers? Absolutely essential if you want to go on a trip that is greater than ~50% of the range? IMO looks like it is a very expensive around town/commuter car with probably less than a 100-mile one-way range. Even if the fit and finish is better than Tesla, I don't see many of these sold without a vast supercharging network that rivals Tesla especially on the West coast where we love electric cars. Just on the block where I live, there are 6 Teslas. My neighbor routinely drives his Model S 6 hours to LA with no issues. How can you do that with this car?
Show less

The range is about the same as Tesla's 70kWh Model S, 240 miles. and networks like Electrify America and others are building out their networks with fast DC (CCS) charging, which can be faster than some Tesla superchargers (especially the urban ones). All the new long-range non-Tesla EVs use this type of fast charging. You should look into it. Teslas are no longer the only long-range, fast-charging EVs.