Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jaguar I pace preview yesterday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
75D, 464 hp. impressive! I was trying runs in my car today and with the old 85 can only manage to get 4.2 & 441HP per what 'power tools' says. ~60F & 85%SOC
I have a square set of BC forged 20" wheels on the way for auto X this year + a fresh set of RE71Rs.
from what I've seen P85=CTSV=M3=C5 for autocross . the guys driving the CTSV & C5 have been racing for ever. I've only 'raced' my P85

The first SUV design was sold in 1935. It is a pickup truck frame with an enlarged and enclosed passenger body put on top. It was not called an SUV for another 55 years. It was called a Suburban and sold as a station wagon. It remained in a class of one for most years. It is perhaps the longest production run of any passenger vehicle, certainly the longest span of a named model.

The term Sport Utility at first applied to open top or convertible vehicles built for rough terrain. Many were small by today's standard, such as the Suzuki Samurai or the Bronco. Starting about 1990 today's style of SUV were labelled as such and abbreviated.

Relative sizes:
CTS-V Station Wagon - 192″ L x 73″ W x 58″ H, four door, rear hatch, 2 row seating.
Jaguar iPace - 184″ L x 75″ W x 61″ H, four door, rear hatch, 2 row seating.
Suburban - 224″ L x 81″ W x 74″ H, four door, rear doors, 3 row seating. (9 passenger max)

You do realise this is the UK forum where terms like “suburban” and “station wagon” have no meaning. We have saloons, estates, hatchbacks and SUVs. The term “crossover” is getting popular now too. Anyway in the UK an SUV is basically anything raised up with a tailgate, but not necessarily intended for serious off-road use. The iPace is definitely an SUV in the UK. You can call it whatever you like over the pond, but nobody will ever call it a station wagon over here. The nearest we have here is “estate” and it is not one of those either.