Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jaguar I-Pace

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, is Jaguar building a charging infrastructure around the world like Tesla?.....I doubt it. Can you drive it to California to Florida without a hassle in trying to find a charger? So basically this is a drive around town car. Most people miss this point when even considering an electric vehicle.

So, is Jaguar building a charging infrastructure around the world like Tesla?.....I doubt it. Can you drive it to California to Florida without a hassle in trying to find a charger? So basically this is a drive around town car. Most people miss this point when even considering an electric vehicle.
No information on this.
A good reason to keep on to the Tesla if one regularly do long trips with need of more than one charging stop. One stop is easy to plan.

FWIW, I configured one that is what I would consider the minimum to compete with a MS or MX. Most expensive options were 20” wheels, and “adaptive cruise control with steering assist “. Came out to be £74k
A950661E-8A30-48D4-BACA-85AC01BAC24C.png 85D7A388-C3B2-4298-8EAB-06FC18F7F0FD.png

Why would a model Y LR with PUP be $82,500 (60,000 Pounds in US dollars today) when a Model 3 LR with PUP is $49,000? The price difference between and S and X is $5000. I am confused at your logic. That $82,500 is more then likely a base price. I think you can get a Model X for that price today and have 237 miles or range instead of 250, but a much much bigger car.

I dont think any EV competition is pushing Tesla, Tesla is pushing Tesla and they are focused on competing with higher margin ICEv. They started with the sports car and then the model S which is squarely aimed at high end luxury sedan market. They are competing with Jags luxury sedan and the Fpace more then Ipace. Tesla is driving EV adoption by forcing ICE manufacturers to come out with compelling, competitive EVs because they are losing market share on their best margin ICE vehicles. I am sure at some point, Tesla will have to address EV comp, but that day is not today.

The UK gives out prices in pounds, but for comparison I just took half of a $104k Model S. 100D with PUP, back 19 inch, pearl white, sun roof, which is 95,500 Pounds and said if a LR Model Y with PUP is about 52k, then it should be 47700 pounds in the UK, or about 12k less than the I-Pace. Now of course the I-Pace is a bit more expensive, so maybe a bigger difference.

US pricing is not yet known, but at least in the UK and Germany it's cheaper than a base S, which is pretty cool IMO. So I'd say Tesla needs to address it, because at least in Germany I can get a better equipped I-Pace for less than a Model S, before I can factor in a dealer discount.

US pricing is not yet known, but at least in the UK and Germany it's cheaper than a base S, which is pretty cool IMO. So I'd say Tesla needs to address it, because at least in Germany I can get a better equipped I-Pace for less than a Model S, before I can factor in a dealer discount.

I-Pace competes with the Model 3 (and eventually the Model Y), not the Model S.

Reactions: Mitrovic
I-Pace starts at 63.4k GBP with manual liftgate,solid roof, and coil suspension.

Model S starts at 64.7k GBP with power liftgate,glass roof, and air suspension .

1k GBP off with free supercharging for life with referral correct?

My competitive build with similarly equipped base Model S is 79k GBP.

Even with dealer discount Jaguar is not competitive. Even so they should sell out 13k units this year to Jag loyalist, those fearful Tesla will go bankrupt and leave Tesla cars orphans, and European markets simply starved for EVs.

Competition is good for the consumer.

I would not be surprised if the other auto manufacturers team on charging. Probably convince the governments to get tax incentives or grants. That would be ironic. Tesla owners paying for others charging infrastructure.

Does not have AP, but has what most consumers are asking for now. Vehicle is not future proof. Of course we will probably find out that HW 2.5 is not either.

More importantly is how long it stays at 100+ kW, and what the average charge rate is from 0-80%. Tesla don't stay at 120kW for very long.

A 100D will stay at 116 kW from 10% to 60% state of charge.

The I-Pace, on the other hand, demonstrated an average charge rate of 75 kW during the reveal.

Time: % SOC
8:15: 20% SOC
39:50: 62% SOC

That's still reasonable and pretty similar to what a 75D will do. It's much better than the Chevy Bolt, which has an average charging speed of under 50 kW.