Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jaguar I-Pace

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't like the look of the car in red. Other colours, fine. Red looks horrible to me.

You are in luck. They will be the least common color. It's limited to the First Edition cars for 2019, most dealers will only get 1 or 2 of them according to JLR.

Personally I find Black to not only being the absence of color, and dangerous, and bizarre looking, but totally the worst possible color from an engineering perspective.

Black is one of the most popular colors. It's about fashion.

Did you know it's a total PITA to put your number on a black car and have them recorded correctly? I hate working the field with a black car running.

I think Tesla chose black as the default to make $1000 extra off each sale. Who wants a black car with black seats and a glass roof in the Western US?

Last edited:
Reactions: jas
I hate working the field with a black car running.

If you had finished 6th grade like your parents encouraged you to do, life would have presented more opportunities than picking strawberries in the big valley! :p

Keep us posted on the car when you get it. We sat in one at the L.A. auto show cause it was caddy corner from the Model 3.

RT

If you had finished 6th grade like your parents encouraged you to do, life would have presented more opportunities than picking strawberries in the big valley! :p

Keep us posted on the car when you get it. We sat in one at the L.A. auto show cause it was caddy corner from the Model 3.

RT

Will do. It's been a long time since I've bought a First Year car. Even my ZR1 was a second year, and sure enough, they improved it.

I went thru and watched many of the reviews from the ipace media day in Portugal. While the efficiency isn't as good as I would like, the car just looks like a better and better deal. So far, the $65k+ is easily justified with what the car can do, the interior quality and the tech. I just hope I can get one before they sell out when they become available.

That's "catty-corner". I believe that was covered in seventh grade. ;)

This video shows how much room a 6' man has in the front and rear seats:

that 6' man looks like the most cramped awkward driver...he is all hunched over and legs look smashed into the dash...much less room than Model S I would say...and that bracelt - WOW - go up and smash it against a specific letter and then press a button and then...the entire system looks so gimmicky to me.

I think they plan to make 20K per annum? What can they do when they are all sold on day one? Presumably they are battery-supply-limited
I hope it encourages them to build a tone more (although I recognize Jag is a lower volume manufacturer), as well as other car companies to get the hint.

The I-Pace looks to be a serious offering with a lot nice features that doesn't fall in to the weirdmobile category. I hope it helps advance the EV marketplace as Elon has stated their goal is...

Reactions: Sean Wagner
that 6' man looks like the most cramped awkward driver...he is all hunched over and legs look smashed into the dash...much less room than Model S I would say...and that bracelt - WOW - go up and smash it against a specific letter and then press a button and then...the entire system looks so gimmicky to me.
You want cramped and awkward, try to get in and out of a Model S back seat. Just sayin'. Everything is relative.

The Activity Key is optional. People who want it can get it. This is not true for all brands of cars. People like me who don't carry a cellphone when having fun might find it handy. Normal people just have their phone with them no matter what they are doing. Hence why the iPhone is now waterproof. It can safely be dropped into the toilet or shower, and probably withstands personal lubricant as well.

Most cars use your phone in lieu of the Activity Key. Can you think of any?