Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jaguar I-Pace

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need to follow the second rule: in general buy the 2nd generation/version of a new model, unless its from Japan.
i.e. buy an i-pace when they do their first major revisions. I would guess next year.
I love the i-pace external design in certain colors, I dislike it in other colors :p

All they need now is the giant inflatable gorilla on the roof and a guy in a plaid jacket to get you in this baby today.

View attachment 441151

More detailed information from Electrek... Jaguar goes after Tesla with $3,000 incentive for owners to buy I-Pace - Electrek

Jaguar is still selling barely more than 200 I-Pace vehicles per month in the US. As of July, the automaker has only delivered just over 1,500 electric vehicles in the US this year. To remedy the situation, Jaguar has been targetting Tesla owners. Earlier this year, we reported on Tesla owners receiving mailers from Jaguar with a bold comparison between the I-Pace and the Model X. Now Tesla owners are reporting that they are being offered an extra $3,000 ‘Tesla conquest’ incentive on top of other incentives to buy an I-Pace:

upload_2019-8-13_21-53-54.png

Range tool on the I-Pace site:

17 mph avg, 18" wheels, no AC/heating, 20 degrees C: 292 miles of range
57 mph avg, 18" wheels, no AC/heating, 20 degrees C: 197 miles of range
57 mph avg, 20" wheels, AC/heating, 40 degrees C: 160 miles of range
57 mph avg, 18" wheels, AC/heating, 0 degrees C: 157 miles of range
57 mph avg, 20" wheels, AC/heating, -10 degrees C: 124 miles of range

In comparison, my 2013 Model S P85, 65 mph avg, 19" wheels, AC/heating, 0 degrees C, would get 200+ miles of range with driver only. That's cruising along at 75+ mph to get 65 mph avg from charging stop to charging stop.

More detailed information from Electrek... Jaguar goes after Tesla with $3,000 incentive for owners to buy I-Pace - Electrek

Jaguar is still selling barely more than 200 I-Pace vehicles per month in the US. As of July, the automaker has only delivered just over 1,500 electric vehicles in the US this year. To remedy the situation, Jaguar has been targetting Tesla owners. Earlier this year, we reported on Tesla owners receiving mailers from Jaguar with a bold comparison between the I-Pace and the Model X. Now Tesla owners are reporting that they are being offered an extra $3,000 ‘Tesla conquest’ incentive on top of other incentives to buy an I-Pace:

View attachment 441604

Funny how the shorts accuse Tesla of having a demand problem even though Tesla has no problem selling tens of thousands of Model 3's per quarter. If anyone has a demand problem it's Jaguar. When you can barely sell 200 I-Pace cars per month and have to offer massive discounts to try to convince buyers, that's a demand problem!

Funny how the shorts accuse Tesla of having a demand problem even though Tesla has no problem selling tens of thousands of Model 3's per quarter. If anyone has a demand problem it's Jaguar. When you can barely sell 200 I-Pace cars per month and have to offer massive discounts to try to convince buyers, that's a demand problem!

Yes it is a demand problem, reflected in Tata's share price.

You have to also remember that Jaguar hasn't got i-Pace as its only car. Tesla has 3 models. The impact of one of those being low in demand would be an issue for Tesla. The i-Pace demand is hardly an issue for Jaguar, the demand on the rest of it's line up is!

I received the mailer so I thought I'd stop by Jag of Portland for a look. Not my cup of tea and the salesman tried to tell me it was a direct competitor to the MX. This is MUCH smaller than a MX. Visually the storage space looks much smaller than a Toy RAV 4.

To your point Jag is discounting them $7k to get movement. $86k for $79k Still I like that they have something.

Honestly I have been a Jaguar owner since 1970, and if there was no Tesla would probably have an F type and an ipace. Have not been up close to an ipace but like the looks, since I started a long time ago with Jaguar I have been thru the good, bad and ugly. My 1997 XK8 was trouble free. Not sure how the current vehicles are on the service side, I’m just glad that another manufacturer is doing a Bev.

Honestly I have been a Jaguar owner since 1970, and if there was no Tesla would probably have an F type and an ipace. Have not been up close to an ipace but like the looks, since I started a long time ago with Jaguar I have been thru the good, bad and ugly. My 1997 XK8 was trouble free. Not sure how the current vehicles are on the service side, I’m just glad that another manufacturer is doing a Bev.

If there was no Tesla the I-Pace would not exist.

I would rather have a fully loaded Kia Niro EV or Hyundai Kona EV than an I-Pace.

For your Sunday afternoon reading pleasure, here is week two of the I-Pace horror story saga...

Ran across something interesting in the Off Topic section of the I-Pace forum. Note that the Off Topic area is for topics not related to the I-Pace EV. Similar to Teslas off topic forum where you can keep up to date on your beekeeping hobby, which is most definitely not Tesla or Jaguar related:

Jaguar%20Off%20Topic_zpsrx32pq5n.jpg

So we come across this interesting story about someone leaving the "club". I imagined that they were moving off the website for some reason, but lo and behold, it turned out that the owner was having so many issues that JLR bought the car back from him... :eek:

Jaguar%20Exit%20Club_zpsqi2swqt5.jpg

I don't know, but having your I-Pace EV bought back by the company sure smacks of being at least somewhat On Topic, but what do I know. I'm just a Tesla fan boy who hasn't sold my Model 3 back to Tesla... ;)

And for a free sneak preview of what may end up being an entire franchise worth of horror flicks (think Friday the 13th Part CXXIV), I give you a bonafide science geek starting to take a close look at the I-Pace actual delivered range versus their projected range:

Jaguar%20Shock_zps0dexyunh.jpg

And the numbers:

Jaguar%20Numbers_zpsod4jjm5x.jpg

Keep in mind these are from August testing. And as sure as the fact that the Model 3 is outselling the I-Pace by 70-1, we know that Fall follows Summer, and then Winter follows Fall. Hard core EV enthusiasts know what Winter brings... ;)

So my Jaguar I-Page loving friends, Winter Is Coming...

Jaguar%20Winter_zpsyattgswx.jpg

RT