Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jaguar I-Pace

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another Tesla Killer... :cool:
160 units moved in August. Lowest monthly total this year.

My experience with Jaguar stopped at the dealer!

Got the feeling they didn’t know much about their i-pace beside saying it’s better than a Tesla and have more range than an e-tron... Not looked interested at all to sell that model...

Did a test drive though and it was a slice to drive!

Reactions: Kappelan
beside saying it’s better than a Tesla

Their marketing strategy is really funny.

EBpUG93XsAYGjG3

EBpUGL3XoAAqPU1

EBpUHwCXsAETY8s

I had my I-PACE parked next to a Model X the other day when charging. The I-PACE is like a little baby compared to the Model X. It's such a stupid comparison! I like both cars for different reasons. But if space, utility and being able to go on roadtrips was my primary concern the Tesla would be a much better choice.

Last edited:
I see an i-Pace at work every day, and it's really really nice. But one day it parked next to a Tesla Model 3, and I was shocked that they were almost the same size. So I'll never buy it, since it's too small to replace my Model X.

I will never understand why at least one forward-looking car manufacturer didn't see the electric future and license Tesla to put a battery in an already existing model. I would have paid a pretty premium to drive an all-electric Infiniti QX60, Cadillac Escalade, Audi Q7, BMW X5, or even a Buick Enclave. I wouldn't care if the extra weight limited the battery to only 220 miles and 0-60 in 6 seconds. I've got the Tesla Model X, but it's frankly to big and gimmicky for me; but there's nothing else out there with which to replace it. Model Y isn't going to cut it either, with that spartan interior and single screen.

Yes, we had a RAV4 EV for a while (the so-called Baby Tesla since it was a joint venture), but Toyota sold it as a compliance car, and never gave it the range and features it should have had. If Toyota had just put into that RAV4 EV what it put into the Prius Prime, with some Tesla range, Toyota wouldn't be able to make RAV4 EVs fast enough.

I see an i-Pace at work every day, and it's really really nice. But one day it parked next to a Tesla Model 3, and I was shocked that they were almost the same size. So I'll never buy it, since it's too small to replace my Model X.

I will never understand why at least one forward-looking car manufacturer didn't see the electric future and license Tesla to put a battery in an already existing model. I would have paid a pretty premium to drive an all-electric Infiniti QX60, Cadillac Escalade, Audi Q7, BMW X5, or even a Buick Enclave. I wouldn't care if the extra weight limited the battery to only 220 miles and 0-60 in 6 seconds. I've got the Tesla Model X, but it's frankly to big and gimmicky for me; but there's nothing else out there with which to replace it. Model Y isn't going to cut it either, with that spartan interior and single screen.

Yes, we had a RAV4 EV for a while (the so-called Baby Tesla since it was a joint venture), but Toyota sold it as a compliance car, and never gave it the range and features it should have had. If Toyota had just put into that RAV4 EV what it put into the Prius Prime, with some Tesla range, Toyota wouldn't be able to make RAV4 EVs fast enough.

Volvo have done exactly that with the XC40, although I haven't compared that to the size of larger SUVs. I wouldn't be surprised if Volvo go and do the same to the rest of their car range.

I see an i-Pace at work every day, and it's really really nice. But one day it parked next to a Tesla Model 3, and I was shocked that they were almost the same size.
It's ridiculous how it's a Model 3 on higher springs. Even the Model Y will be more spacious.

What amazes me too is the generous reviews it got on its driving capabilities. In recent moose tests, it utterly gets destroyed by a stupid ESP which actually locks wheels.

If Toyota had just put into that RAV4 EV what it put into the Prius Prime, with some Tesla range, Toyota wouldn't be able to make RAV4 EVs fast enough.
It seems they were more willing to give Tesla an uncertain amount of marketshare, instead of having to solve the supply chain issue of batteries. I also believe Toyota got the cat out of the bag on electric cars with their Prius, and realised the risks it poses to the ecosystem of fuel stations, hence their support for hydrogen which maintains a status quo of fueling up at fuel stations. It's like trying to keep video rental stores relevant...

• Funny
Reactions: mspohr
Happened to check the I-Pace forum and our old buddy McRat, who switched to Jaguar because Tesla's were so prone to mechanical issues, seems to have come to the same conclusion about his I-Pace.

Yeah, real tough decision. In the shop for 2 of the first 13 months, with 16k miles. :rolleyes:

And its Tesla that has the quality control issues, right? ;)

McRat.jpg

Happened to check the I-Pace forum and our old buddy McRat, who switched to Jaguar because Tesla's were so prone to mechanical issues, seems to have come to the same conclusion about his I-Pace.

Yeah, real tough decision. In the shop for 2 of the first 13 months, with 16k miles. :rolleyes:

And its Tesla that has the quality control issues, right? ;)

View attachment 489187
Are they going to ship it back to the factory?

When you see it in person the styling is pretty cool on this car. But is anybody really surprised that the reliability of a Jaguar of all brands is bad?

I think this is not specific to jaguar, expect similar things from ford machete, audi etron, porsche cuckodoodledoo. Its gen1 EV energy management hard and software. This is not easy stuff and they have no real experience yet, just rapidly gaining it to catch up with tesla.

Reactions: mspohr