Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jaguar to go all-electric from 2025 with Tesla Model 3 rival possible

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure, the dosh! Pretty much everything else from conception, blunt end to the pointy end, is British. ;)

Sounds just like the Americans high-fiving about that all American brand, Harley Davidson*. :rolleyes:
The Jaguar (owned by an Indian consortium) I-Pace is made by a Canadian company in Austria using Korean batteries made by LG Chem but yeah, it's "British" end-to-end.:D

*Known in motorcycling world as Hardley -Ableson. A badly built machine designed to turn petrol into heat and noise without the side effect of horsepower or very much acceleration. All whilst totally devoid of handling or decent braking.

As Britain’s sole native end-to-end car company (design to prodn rather than just assembly), I sincerely wish them well - but the scale of the task facing them is huge.

I wish them well too, but if the highly profitable Rang Rover sales were too slow for any reason I suspect it'll be game over till another owner appears.

Amazing to see Tesla now sells more cars than JLR. Given the huge number of JLR dealers, multiple factories, advert campaigns JLR must have huge overheads compared to Tesla.

People worry about Tesla's financial situation, JLR accounts must give the same people nightmares.

Oh just for fun if you want to see what 'bad' deprecation looks like, go on to Autotrader and see how much a 2 year old iPace with very miles on the clock can now be had for......these things were close to Model S prices when new.

JAGUAR LAND ROVER RETAIL SALES CONTINUE TO RECOVER IN QUARTER ENDING DECEMBER 2020 WITH CHINA SALES GROWING YEAR-ON-YEAR | JLR Corporate Homepage International