Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jalopnik story about Model S meetup in VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quite a positive article. How un-Jalopnik.

Yea, it was with some regret I clicked the link. Jalopnik is a waste of electrons, but it was actually a pretty good read. The author did a good job of conveying how he was able to see why the standard "Who wants an electric car?" question isn't really the right question with Tesla.

The car's been out for a year and it looks like one of the guys is juuuust starting to get it. You can tell they're a little bit...slow. Is this author one of those two douche-y guys from Revenge of the Electric Car?

Yeah, they've held out as long as they possibly could. Any longer and they'll start suffering credibility issues (from their POV).

They lost all credibility with me when they called the Model S vapourware and said Tesla couldn't possible build it in "Revenge of the Electric Car". I won't even give their site a click anymore.

Just wanted to pop in real quick and clear up a few things:

That wasn't a Jalopnik article. I post content on their user-system called Kinja from time-to-time and they will share that story to their front page. I'm not a writer for Jalopnik.

I've never been in a movie about EVs nor do I consider myself a douchebag.

I'm just a car guy that tries to tell stories about car stuff. The folks I met were great and I'm very impressed with what they had to say about the car.

That wasn't a Jalopnik article. I post content on their user-system called Kinja from time-to-time and they will share that story to their front page. I'm not a writer for Jalopnik.

I'm just a car guy that tries to tell stories about car stuff. The folks I met were great and I'm very impressed with what they had to say about the car.

Thanks for posting here. No offense intended if you are not one of the douches in question. It was a good article, I just have some issues with Jalopnik.

I thought your article was well written and thanks for posting it. With all the press about electric cars (much of it negative), there are very few articles about how happy the vast majority of owners (especially Tesla owners) are with their vehicles. We do need more articles and press about how easy and satisfying it is to live and drive a Model S is.

As a community, our frustration with Jalopnik has been very real and justified, but its time to move on. If the Jalopnik editors decided to put the article on their front page, it seems a great indication of their potential acceptance of Tesla. I really wonder if our animosity toward Jalopnik (and Top Gear for that matter) has maintained the chasm that ought to be closed.

Thanks for the article. Many of us here have issues with Jalopnik, so glad you clarified. Keep up the good work!

As a community, our frustration with Jalopnik has been very real and justified, but its time to move on. If the Jalopnik editors decided to put the article on their front page, it seems a great indication of their potential acceptance of Tesla. I really wonder if our animosity toward Jalopnik (and Top Gear for that matter) has maintained the chasm that ought to be closed.

Well said.