Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

James Bond

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, in the glow of getting my email today I will post something that has been on my mind for a long time. It is probably too late now, but wouldn't the Model S have been the perfect Bond car? Imagine 007 calling up M on the 17 inch screen, shooting rockets out of the frunk, etc., etc. It's fast, cool, versatile, and high tech. Perfect!

Anyone else feeling like James Bond out there?!

I think I recall hearing that they tried that with the Roadster, but got "out bid" by some bigger car company who wanted their vehicles placed exclusively instead.

Placement in "Iron Man 2" would have been logical, but that didn't happen.
Tesla fan Robert Downey Jr. (as Iron Man) ends up in a Honda NSX concept in the Avengers movie.
Bigger advertising $ wins.

Last edited:
With the Roadster sold out, and the first production year of the Model S sold out long ago, there wasn't really a need to spend anything on advertising - these things sold themselves. :) Placement in Iron Man 3, when the Model S production line is cranked up and they have way more to sell, would make a ton more sense.

Placement in "Iron Man 2" would have been logical, but Honda showed off their NSX concept there instead. Bigger advertising $ wins.

Are you thinking of The Avengers? Pretty sure he was still driving Audi in Iron Man 2...

To the original question: No no no... Bond should be in a Aston Martin. Period. The three movies where he got stuck with BMW was just a temporary mind-fart. The man drives British.

Now if he runs into Felix Leiter again, him I would expect in a Model S...

OK, in the glow of getting my email today I will post something that has been on my mind for a long time. It is probably too late now, but wouldn't the Model S have been the perfect Bond car? Imagine 007 calling up M on the 17 inch screen, shooting rockets out of the frunk, etc., etc. It's fast, cool, versatile, and high tech. Perfect!

Anyone else feeling like James Bond out there?!

Now there's a business opportunity.....elocution lessons! View attachment 6548

Yeah product placement strategy in movies is a plague.
Some movies are plain rubbish and their only aim is to do product placement (For example, Transformers : Big GM ad)

Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on your view, this latest Bond film doesn't get made without significant product placement fees. No studio would touch it unless it was self funded.