Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

James Bond

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, in the glow of getting my email today I will post something that has been on my mind for a long time. It is probably too late now, but wouldn't the Model S have been the perfect Bond car? Imagine 007 calling up M on the 17 inch screen, shooting rockets out of the frunk, etc., etc.
As a pacifist, I'm against this. I get it that a lot of folks like to fantasize about blowing the stinkers to smithereens. There have been fantasies about this on Prius Chat as well from time to time. I'd rather see the car driven by heros who prevail through intelligence rather than weaponry.

Yeah product placement strategy in movies is a plague.
Some movies are plain rubbish and their only aim is to do product placement (For example, Transformers : Big GM ad)
I think it was Return of the Killer Tomatoes that spoofed this, by first announcing in the middle of the movie that its production would end for lack of money, and then putting in product placements that took over the scenes.

As a pacifist, I'm against this. I get it that a lot of folks like to fantasize about blowing the stinkers to smithereens. There have been fantasies about this on Prius Chat as well from time to time. I'd rather see the car driven by heros who prevail through intelligence rather than weaponry.

+1 Works for me.

Wouldn't a good product placement for Tesla be a Model X crew vehicle for the planned manned missions with Space X?
Think many people would be watching the launch live and would see the falcon doors open, the astronauts effortlessly climb out of the third row in full gear before waving to the cameras... that could boost some interest :smile: