Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

James May of Top Gear/Grand Tour bought a Model S!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's sad that even top gear resorted to this just to mess up Tesla's image. I remember that episode and at that time I took it like they presented it, that Tesla wasn't quite ready. I mean I know their episodes were heavily scripted but to see them purposely misleading the public, leaves a bitter taste...

On the other hand, I like James May, I remember a Q&A with him not long ago where he praised the P100D. I'm not surprised he got one.

Reactions: Grendal
This guys a hack.... First he demonstrates Teslas performance with less than 10% battery and bashes Tesla non stop... Now he buys a Tesla. ...Crawl under your Petro rock you smuck!

When did that happen? The only two Tesla reviews they did was the Roadster, which they were sued by Tesla over, and the P100D Model X review. Both reviews were by Clarkson. I thought the second one was reasonably fair and definitely played to the humor of getting sued over their standard position that electrics aren't as good as ICE.

Newer Top Gear (post Clarkson, Hammond, and May) has reviewed Tesla's four times, P100D Model S, P100D Model X, Model 3 Performance, and the recent P100D versus Taycan faulty review. All were favorable except this last doctored comparison.