Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Jan 2023 ODs] MYLR / Blue / White - Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh man. I am super stressed out now. My edd is still 2/5 to 3/5. At of 11am. Hopefully it does not get pushed back.

I see in other rooms people are saying Tesla is prioritizing performance. Is that true?? Or it’s what people are assuming?
It makes sense that they prioritize higher margin sales such as the MYP > MYLR, unfortunately for us MYLR folks.

Especially the FSD add-on orders and enhanced AP.

Even the orders that are close to the factories appear to be pushed since they can fulfill those orders quickly as needed per quarter.

Reactions: KangThe
Was hoping today would have been better news!

MYLR Blue / White / 5 Seat / 19” / No Tow
OD: 1/16
Original EDD: Jan - Mar
Updated EDD: Feb 20 - Mar 27
Updated EDD: Feb 15 - Mar 15
New EDD (2/5): Mar 5 - Mar 31
No VIN
Southwest FL
Damn I am getting nervous by the hours. I refreshed so many times already. So far it’s still the same. Hopefully the vin gets assigned.

Reactions: chobra
I know of a few that changed their configurations to the performance models when the IRS changed the limit. You all may get yours sooner as they will go to another queue.
Unless Tesla reverts to how they usually operate and prioritize MYP orders. They may delay some production runs they had scheduled for certain MYLR builds and run more MYPs through to take advantage of the better margins. This could actually delay MYLR orders.

• Informative
MYLR blue/white/ standard everything else
My order date 1/12 @ 10pm PST
Original EDD : Jan - March
Updated EDD: Jan 26 - Feb 23
Updated EDD : Jan 30 - Feb 13
Updated EDD: Feb 4 - Feb 14
Updated EDD: Feb 17 - March 17
Dude, my OD is 1/13 and still waiting for VIN while seeing peeps with OD 1/14 plus getting VINs left and right (same model/color/option)... I'm about to flip over the freaking table over ...

...until I saw yours with OD 1/12 and still without VIN .... WTH? Don't they go in order? arghhh!!!

Reactions: KangThe
Dude, my OD is 1/13 and still waiting for VIN while seeing peeps with OD 1/14 plus getting VINs left and right (same model/color/option)... I'm about to flip over the freaking table over ...

...until I saw yours with OD 1/12 and still without VIN .... WTH? Don't they go in order? arghhh!!!
Delivery location could be a factor. I've heard some locations get mudflaps and others don't. Of course this is all just people talking on forums, so who knows!

Tesla probably has received hundreds of thousands of orders for Model Y and if they cannot deliver the vehicles till end of march, my guess is many will cancel the orders as the price has gone up and maybe they won't be eligible for full $7,500 credit after March. My EDD with OD of Jan 21st, changed from Mar04-31 to Mar 30-31. Not sure how their ordering and production works, but that is cutting close to qualify for full tax credit. Maybe Blue/White combo is not the most popular choice however I am sure they must have received substantial order to put them in production soon.

• Informative
Tesla probably has received hundreds of thousands of orders for Model Y and if they cannot deliver the vehicles till end of march, my guess is many will cancel the orders as the price has gone up and maybe they won't be eligible for full $7,500 credit after March. My EDD with OD of Jan 21st, changed from Mar04-31 to Mar 30-31. Not sure how their ordering and production works, but that is cutting close to qualify for full tax credit. Maybe Blue/White combo is not the most popular choice however I am sure they must have received substantial order to put them in production soon.

Tesla will mostly honor the prices at which folks have ordered in the past. So if you have ordered on Jan 21, Tesla would still charge based on your OD's pricing. People who were fully dependent on the $7K rebate might cancel if they don't get delivery by March, but another way to see it is folks with ODs in Jan. 2023 locked in at a lower price, hence many might still continue taking the delivery (even if it was in April with $3.7K tax-rebate).

All of this just says Tesla is really awesome in strategizing the pricing with respect to the incentives, market conditions, production-related, competitor pricing, etc.. and not let all of that affect their demand/volumes (and margins), haha...

UsernameDate OrderedTime OrderedEDDEDDLocationVIN DateEDDEDDDelivery Date
@hoax.killer
13-Jan​
3AM
28-Jan​
25-Feb​
NJ
27-Jan​
9-Feb​
18-Feb​
@Fusion
13-Jan​