Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2014 Club Ride - Hawaii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

WeazL

Moderator - Hawaii
Aug 18, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
Aloha Everyone and Happy New Year!

I can't think of many things better to celebrate the new year than to go for a ride in a Tesla around the island. I'd like to propose a ride on Monday, January 20th, to celebrate the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and enjoy fellowship of fellow Tesla addicts...err...I mean enthusiasts. :redface:

This is a club ride open to all Tesla owners--Model S & Roadsters alike.

The 19th can be used as an alternate date if the 20th presents too many conflicts. Start time would be 8AM at the garage across from the TJ Maxx near Ward (the lot where we met last time)...second level. From there, the route would be down Ala Moana Blvd, through Waikiki on Kalakaua Ave., around Diamond Head Rd. into Kahala, up and through Hawaii Kai and around the south shore into Waimanalo. Proceeding through upper Kailua, we would end up on Kamehameha Hwy. along the waterfront in Kaneohe, and then around the Windward side and North Shore. Finally our passage through the pineapple fields would bring us back through Pearl City, and into Honolulu for a conclusion at perhaps Nico's along the waterfront (ample parking) for a late lunch.

Of course this is all subject to change, but it doesn't hurt to have a plan from the get go and modify it if desired. Who's in?

Sounds like a plan. (I vote for the 19th) I've done the circle island before and it was about 100 miles. We should invite some Leafs and watch them run out their battery trying to keep up.:cursing:

I'm ok with either date. The only thing that would spoil that possibility is if my boss happens to be in town right then but I think they're coming February so it should be fine. I think I may bring my ladder this time so we can get better angles with the pictures :)

(maybe we can finally meet ddruz in person too)
I'd love to meet everyone too. Unfortunately the scheduling of club rides is a tough one for me. I work (even holidays) unusual hours and live on the other side of the island from most folks which makes things difficult to jive.

I'm hoping it works out one of these times though. It would be awesome to put faces to names and see everyone's cars. I hope this one works out for enough people. I enjoy the subsequent pictures regardless.