TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

January 2014 Club Ride - Hawaii

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by WeazL, Jan 1, 2014.

1. WeazL

WeazL Moderator - Hawaii

Aloha Everyone and Happy New Year!

I can't think of many things better to celebrate the new year than to go for a ride in a Tesla around the island. I'd like to propose a ride on Monday, January 20th, to celebrate the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and enjoy fellowship of fellow Tesla addicts...err...I mean enthusiasts. :redface:

This is a club ride open to all Tesla owners--Model S & Roadsters alike.

The 19th can be used as an alternate date if the 20th presents too many conflicts. Start time would be 8AM at the garage across from the TJ Maxx near Ward (the lot where we met last time)...second level. From there, the route would be down Ala Moana Blvd, through Waikiki on Kalakaua Ave., around Diamond Head Rd. into Kahala, up and through Hawaii Kai and around the south shore into Waimanalo. Proceeding through upper Kailua, we would end up on Kamehameha Hwy. along the waterfront in Kaneohe, and then around the Windward side and North Shore. Finally our passage through the pineapple fields would bring us back through Pearl City, and into Honolulu for a conclusion at perhaps Nico's along the waterfront (ample parking) for a late lunch.

Of course this is all subject to change, but it doesn't hurt to have a plan from the get go and modify it if desired. Who's in?

2. spleen

spleen Active Member

Would love to make this but won't be available either the 19th or the 20th. Have fun folks!

3. dsmith2189

dsmith2189 Active Member

Sounds like a plan. (I vote for the 19th) I've done the circle island before and it was about 100 miles. We should invite some Leafs and watch them run out their battery trying to keep up.:cursing:

4. StephenM

StephenM Active Member

I'm ok with either date. The only thing that would spoil that possibility is if my boss happens to be in town right then but I think they're coming February so it should be fine. I think I may bring my ladder this time so we can get better angles with the pictures :)

5. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

Sounds like fun! I have an appointment at lunch, but I should be able to join in for the fun through east oahu/Makapu'u area.

6. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

I can do either date..but will have to drop off in Mililani since I have stuff to do after lunch...will be interesting to see if I can make it in a single charge..

7. drtko147

drtko147 Member

The 19th is better for me since our workplace does a day of service on the 20th, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.

8. ddruz

ddruz Member

Aloha all. Way to early for me. Have a great time!

9. 1.21Gigawatts

1.21Gigawatts Member

Im in both dates are ok for me, if you don't mind a Volt tagging along LOL I"ll make sure to top off the tank before the run.. :)

10. Hawaiiskibum

Hawaiiskibum Member

Unfortunately, can't make either date. Have fun!

11. RodF

RodF Member

I'm out as well on both days. Have a great day!

12. kekolohe

kekolohe Member

Maybe I can join in Kailua. If you could post the route between Waimanalo and Kaneohe and around when you'd be there, hopefully I can join?

13. dpodoll

dpodoll Member

I think we are good for either date...count us in

14. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

We should do a stop/break in Kailua/Kaneohe somewhere and on the N Shore (maybe we can finally meet ddruz in person too)

15. ddruz

ddruz Member

I'd love to meet everyone too. Unfortunately the scheduling of club rides is a tough one for me. I work (even holidays) unusual hours and live on the other side of the island from most folks which makes things difficult to jive.

I'm hoping it works out one of these times though. It would be awesome to put faces to names and see everyone's cars. I hope this one works out for enough people. I enjoy the subsequent pictures regardless.

16. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

We still on for the drive? Sunday or Monday?

17. StephenM

StephenM Active Member

I can still go but it has to be Monday for me. I ended up having to work Sunday.

18. RodF

RodF Member

Hey StephenM, saw you on the freeway westbound this morning. That was me in the silver MS taking the Kapiolani cutoff!

19. StephenM

StephenM Active Member

Wait, this was yesterday morning, right? I was westbound in the morning yesterday and waved to the driver of a silver S and he waved back, but I was not driving this morning.

20. RodF

RodF Member

Sorry, senior moment. Yesterday morning it was.