Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2014 Club Ride - Hawaii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am glad that nanimac made it around the island. I have the same range anxiety as she does as I have the same model. I did a trip from Koolina to Waialae Ridge, back to Koolina and then back. I was left with 25 miles. Did the calculation and found out that the trip was a bit over 90 miles. So Tesla is accurate with the assessment of the range, even though I live up on the mountain and lose about 10 miles going up my hill.

The total trip was about 108 miles (from Mililani to Mililani) including the small detour to the Botanical gardens in Kaneohe. I started off with 125 miles, charged for 8 miles at Turtle Bay (was at 52 miles when I got there) and ended up at my lowest range ever....still would've been over 20 miles without the charge at Turtle Bay. This included a couple "fun" accelerations :) I'll post pics later.

Here's of quick flipagram taken from my iphone "dashcam" ..mostly of dsmith's car since I was following him. Flipagram - Music: Estelle - American Boy

image.jpg

Last edited: