Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2014 Investor Presentation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not a professional investor, so I might be totally wrong here...my question is who is the target audience for something like this? are they pitching this to potential giga-factory partners or large investment banks who want to participate in a secondary offering for a giga-factory?

The deck was likely used in a presentation by Tesla's head of investor relations, Jeff Evanson, at a conference for institutional investors.

Ooh... pretty slides!

First time I've seen a floor of $30k in writing for Gen3, I think. It was always a verbal throwaway figure from Elon in the past.

To a post up thread, I don't think Tesla will ever build a $ car. They'll not go below the $$ Gen3 thus putting them in the company of BMW, Lexus, etc. as a premium mass market brand rather than alongside Toyota, Honda, etc.

Ooh... pretty slides!

First time I've seen a floor of $30k in writing for Gen3, I think. It was always a verbal throwaway figure from Elon in the past.

To a post up thread, I don't think Tesla will ever build a $ car. They'll not go below the $$ Gen3 thus putting them in the company of BMW, Lexus, etc. as a premium mass market brand rather than alongside Toyota, Honda, etc.

Elon has alluded to a "Gen IV" car someday being even cheaper (in response to a question at the first Germany event a few months ago I believe). They do have a lot of brand equity though so I could imagine them building it under another name. Gas savings are amplified when the car is cheaper, at a certain point the lease could basically be free for many when factoring in gas savings.

Elon has alluded to a "Gen IV" car someday being even cheaper (in response to a question at the first Germany event a few months ago I believe). They do have a lot of brand equity though so I could imagine them building it under another name. Gas savings are amplified when the car is cheaper, at a certain point the lease could basically be free for many when factoring in gas savings.

I know TM has really avoided making a tiny leaf-type car to prove that EV's don't have to look like that. But someday, 2020 say, I think they could/should make a really cool "city" car, like a mini cooper or even a smart car. Lots of city dwellers just want a small car. It doesn't even have to be downmarket, just small. like 28k (in today's dollars).