Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD is Feb 23-May 23, I switched to MYP and then back. I decided to buy a Polestar to get me through my wait as my car was needing some serious brake work. I'll happily wait now while enjoying my new car...and I get a $7500 tax credit and the $2500 rebate. I am pretty sure I can make some money in the end and get a 2023 MY.
I think my EDD is a temp...1 week card shuffle. Time will tell. Trying to replace my 2013 Model S. After receiving my wife's Model Y we found, everything is better than a 2013 S... better range, acceleration, seats, tech, efficiency. I can not justify 99K for a new model S, although the 2013 was about 83k.

I ordered a MYLR, Blue, 19", Tow, 5 Seat, No FSD on 1/26. Initially had a June-July EDD, been sitting at a Nov 22 - Feb 23 EDD for the past few weeks.

My guess is my MY was supposed to come out of Texas. When the EPA said that the 4680s get worse range, I think that caused a lot of EDDs in the eastern portion of the country to get pushed back. I certainly hope Texas starts building MYLRs soon so that our EDDs can bump up.

Why is this thread so dead? Also are there any MYLR people with EDDs? Seems like everyone is someone that switched to MYP?
Trying to figure out why my reservation bumped from July/Aug 2022 to Feb-May 2023. Is it a weekend computer deck shuffle or is it because everyone is getting Performance versions and bumping LR back?

My wife's Model Y delivered Feb 2021 bumped around but not that far back and returned to original EDD range.
I'm pretty sure it's the fact that people are switching from MYLR to MP, which is pushing the MYLR orders back. My EDD updated at the end of April to Oct-Jan 2023 and hasn't budged since. I've seen other posts that urge patience and that the EDD will bounce around numerous times. I'd just really to see some bouncing back to late summer/early fall!

Reactions: Evthusiast
Why is this thread so dead? Also are there any MYLR people with EDDs? Seems like everyone is someone that switched to MYP?
Trying to figure out why my reservation bumped from July/Aug 2022 to Feb-May 2023. Is it a weekend computer deck shuffle or is it because everyone is getting Performance versions and bumping LR back?

My wife's Model Y delivered Feb 2021 bumped around but not that far back and returned to original EDD range.
Some of us are holding on to the MYLR and hoping to get it soon but with everyone switching it seems to keep pushing us out. I have the Oct-Jan23 for the 3rd time. It has been there for the last two weeks and im hoping it will switch once they deliver the current batch of MYP.

Reactions: Evthusiast

I was recently VINed and have been busy so haven’t updated here.

My original OD for a white MYLR 7 seat with tow was 1/5. I made a change on to red 5 seat on 3/24. My EDD jump to Oct 22 - Jan 23 a while back and has stayed there since. Really disappointed to have to wait a year for a car. This will be my 3rd Tesla having owned two red M3s prior and having made money overall on my cars.

E491CA84-E2CF-4AAF-95D5-430446BE4814.jpeg
So I can honestly say the Model Y is an awesome car. Got it delivered on 5/25 and it was totally worth the wait. We did upgrade to the performance model and got it within a month of upgrading. Hope they can start pushing out more cars as my wife is now thinking about getting one but the EDD shuffle has her in the fence. Also don’t mind the pollen on the car I’m in New England and currently can’t keep the pollen away to save my life!!

Reactions: FLTessie
Does anyone know if you change the color of the telsa that they will move further back of the line? or will it be like when you switch to the MYP and you stay in the same place? I have been going back and forth on whether I want my MYLR to be black or Midnight silver.

Thanks! Fremont. You could probably upgrade to a MYP and have it in a few weeks. That’s what lots of people have done.
I could. But just can’t justify the additional cost plus why do I need a performance? My need for speed days have long passed. 😂 I refuse to play Tesla’s unfair practice of allowing people to skip ahead of others who order before those that ordered first. Just because they ordered a more expensive car. I just don’t think it’s fair. No offense to you all that have done it. It’s Tesla’s system that I’m complaining about. So I just have to sit and wait. That’s my choice. I remember when a person could order an ice car years ago with all sorts of options and have their car delivered in 6 weeks.

Does anyone know if you change the color of the telsa that they will move further back of the line? or will it be like when you switch to the MYP and you stay in the same place? I have been going back and forth on whether I want my MYLR to be black or Midnight silver.
To be honest I’d be afraid to change anything right now if I was you. But if you can afford to possibly wait longer go for it. I had a black car years ago. A 1977 Pontiac Trans Am, Smokey and the Bandit edition. Pain to keep clean. I do like the midnight Silver. I almost ordered that but settled on the midnight blue.

I could. But just can’t justify the additional cost plus why do I need a performance? My need for speed days have long passed. 😂 I refuse to play Tesla’s unfair practice of allowing people to skip ahead of others who order before those that ordered first. Just because they ordered a more expensive car. I just don’t think it’s fair. No offense to you all that have done it. It’s Tesla’s system that I’m complaining about. So I just have to sit and wait. That’s my choice. I remember when a person could order an ice car years ago with all sorts of options and have their car delivered in 6 weeks.
Fair enough. I pick up my MYP this week, my trade in was approved, financing taken care of for the remainder and my EDD moved to 6/6-6/11.

Reactions: Gary.F