Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you get your VIN yet or an expected date?
Yes i got the vin 7SAY from houston but the deliver is tomorrow so i have to get everything done by tomorrow. The problem is i live in New Mexico and picking up in El Paso, Texas. So they said the registration might be a problem. Will have to figure all of this out, does any body know why they wont let me register my tesla from New Mexico even though im picking up in Texas.

I ordered my car in January and just got pick up notification. I live in Louisiana and scheduled pick up in Texas. My delivery is set for this weekend. A Tesla representative just told me it is against Texas law to pick up a car in Texas and register it in Louisiana. Is this true? Can’t find it anywhere on the internet.

Reactions: Evthusiast
I ordered my car in January and just got pick up notification. I live in Louisiana and scheduled pick up in Texas. My delivery is set for this weekend. A Tesla representative just told me it is against Texas law to pick up a car in Texas and register it in Louisiana. Is this true? Can’t find it anywhere on the internet.
I would call the rep back and ask him/her to give you the cite for the law or whom to contact at the TX State and ask directly. That doesn't make sense. Why would TX care where you register your car? If people buys a car in TX because they were in an accident, which totaled their car, are they saying that you can't buy the car in TX and take it home to register it? Makes no sense. Tesla should be able to get you a temp tag so you can drive back to Louisiana and then register it there.

Here is what I found:
Buying a car in another state involves paying the local Texas auto sales tax, the sales tax difference between Texas and your home state, and any processing fees charged by the DMV. Beyond that — and the price of the vehicle — you won't have to worry about any additional fees and taxes.

How to Buy a Car in Another State | Aston Martin Houston​

https://www.astonmartinhouston.com › car-buying-advice

Can I buy a car in Texas and register in Louisiana?

If you are a resident of Louisiana, you are free to purchase a vehicle in another state, but it will incur fees and frustrations. According to the Office of Motor Vehicles, you must register your vehicle in Louisiana to legally drive on your home state's highways.Jul 30, 2019

Can I Buy A Car Out-Of-State? - Superior Honda Blog​

OD -01/23, MYLR - MSM, Tow, 19" wheels Current EDD - Aug 18- Sep 22 after multiple EDD's. Fingers crossed and waiting